E-bay gt-45

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
I know that we are talking about the gt45 but my friend had that ebay t70 the thing has been abused at 20psi for over 2 yrs. Damm thing is still working. Maybe it was rebuilt before he brought it.

suicide kp61

OMFG Im a NOOB!!!
Dec 23, 2009
wv
I import a ton of stuff from Asia for the parts my shop makes for Subarus. I also know which manufacturers in China make the turbos that last and the ones that dont. Some factories even export Garrett bearings to China and put them into a replica CHRA with replica wheels and housings....These actually last. The ones with Chinese made bearings generally are the ones that fail. China will make anything you want from crappy to excellent. Unfortunately the low labor cost causes them to be targeted by manufacturers who are trying to make a cheap part, which in turn gives Chinese made things a bad name.
Pm me if you have any questions about any certain ebay turbo and I will tell you what I know.

SHIZNT

Oct 25, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Yes they are a inferior turbo but as stated above some can last...

A friend of mine brought a generic Chinese T3/T4 turbo from eBay and was running it on 18psi for a few years until it wrote the car off...

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
well thats good that there is alot of nice information, and knowledge from previous owners of chinese t3/t4 or t 70's and there was a link to chinese turbo's. but still what about the gt-45 turbo. is there test results for this?? proof of it exploding?

i think that the guy should try the turbo, see what it does. and to get it recorded and pictures so we have all the proof we need to say that its not just the t-70 and t3/t4 and super t3/t4 or 70 or the hybrid's lol. do it! do it! do it! :p hope you have the engine built to support it

Onebigturbo

Jul 14, 2010
SD
There are 3 kinds of GT45 turbos sold on Ebay: The real deal the Chinese version and the UK version
I'm using the UK version

Attachments

• IMG_0120..jpg
    IMG_0120..jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: