E-01 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Well I posted a thread on SF when the boost controller would not raise boost, it would only be stock regardless where I set it. Well I took apart the boost controller valve and looked at the insides of it. Really didn't do much to it, but I put it back together and went for a test drive. Now when I get on it if it is set at stock, low(8) or high(12) boost it will continue to rise. It got up to 14, which I know is still safe with my setup and feels damn good too, but I didn't want to stay in it and it get any higher, this was when it was set on low too.
Whatcha know good?

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
MDCmotorsports
I had a boost controller do this to me.

Turns out I didn't have one of the lines post throttle body, and pre throttle body.

This is a must for it to work right.

I dont understand what you mean. I thought you just hooked the controller valve between the compressor housing and the wastegate actuator. Did you have a different setup besides a ct26?

For your question Jbatt87t, the fact that is a low setting means nothing. You can set the low as high as you want and the high as low as you want. Its just there as a convience to switch from low boost to high boost settings easily. I will try to find the write up on how where I learned how to set it best, but how exactly do you have yours installed?

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
Ok found it.... heres the link

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517&highlight=setting+e-01

heres the jist of it

Bishop92t

Inexperienced users will have a hard time setting a boost curve. It's really not hard though, you simply leave your start boost and gain at 0 and increase your actuator % until you reach your desired boost (3rd or 4th gear). Then increase your gain gradually until your boost curve is flat as possible. Finally put your start boost at about 2psi less then your maximum boost.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Thanks for the help guys. The thing is though, I have had this boost controller for about a year now and it is just starting to do this. MDC I'm not really sure what you mean, I have the boost controller valve hooked up to the wastegate and to the turbo and that is it.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
On the E-01 it is a valve v/s a stepper motor type like HKS uses.

I notice that the GM boost control solinoid is very similar to what greddy supplies with the E-01.

I have a sneeky thought that all the parts are just bits from a soda machine anyway. (You know, like the ones you use to fill your pop at 7-11 or McDonalds... click and it flows... pretty reliable stuff if they share parts with our control valves.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Already checked the wiring.
If any of you guys have a E-01 could you send me some pictures of your boost pressure valve dismantled? When I took it apart I noticed there was a hole in the middle of the shaft and there was clear wrapping around it, but only covering half of the hole. This might be how it is supposed to look but I dunno.
Thanks fot the help guys,
Jake

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
I didnt know that you have had it on there for a while. I would check the
wiring if you havent done so already.

Im guessing that when you took apart the valve you would have seen a crack or hole in the hoses going to and from it. It might be your wastegate actuator. It happened to me before I got the e-01 and was running a mbc. Boost would just keep getting higher and higher till I hit fuel cut no matter what I did. I just replaced the actuator and it was find.

Status
Not open for further replies.