Dyno'd the gt4082

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Got the 7m on the dyno after working on it till 4:30am the morning before.
17psi on pump gas. The maft pro is proving to be a real pita to tune.
We did almost 40 pulls. Much of that was cam gear adjustments.
p351408_1.jpg

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
stratoayu said:
when do u see full boost?

Way earlier then the 62-1 did, it's drives like a different car now. Way more useable power. The engine is stock with just forged pistons and mhg. I don't really remember the rpm it hits full boost but it spools as fast as my 50 trim did, but at a little higher rpm. It makes positive pressure starting at like 2k rpm. The 62-1 was just too much turbo for a stock 7m, if the head was p&p it would have worked better.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
40 series Compressor is probably moving a LOT more Air at 1 psi than the other turbo could! :)

This translates to better drivability!
(Garrett weren't lying with the GT hype)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
No, I believe the Garrett hype now, it's true. This seems like a good matched turbo to my engine, with way more overhead for when I add more boost. The wastegate is bypassing some serious exhaust pressure out at 17 psi!

OMG, when I was on the way home a lowered G35 with nice wheels pulled up next to me and looked like he wanted to run, then he floored it, but I waited a second then I hit it and the wastegate opened right as I passed him and I just let off. That was enough for me :biglaugh:

Here's the latest pics, still a few things to finish up before the Vegas meet.
p351426_1.jpg

p351426_2.jpg

jprsullivan

Custom User Title
Mar 30, 2005
SoCal
nice job aaron. hey, looks like you're going to be the first one to post in the 400whp section at socalsupras :icon_bigg

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
IJ. said:
Your Cam pullies don't match ;)

Many thanks to AEM for shitty quality control! :biglaugh:

I will not be buying any more AEM products, their customer service is teh shitz.
Here was the ones I originally got, the two on there now are better but still not the same.
Keep in mind they only have one part number for blue, and all the boxes are sealed so you can't see!!! :icon_evil
They also put a silver bolt in one box, and a black bolt in the other :icon_evil
They would not exchange them for me at AEM, I had to take them back where I got them (I'm a reseler btw) to return them and wait for another set. I said screw it, give me one that is close. We opened up silver cam gears too and one was a flat finish and one was shiny!!!

p351431_1.jpg

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'd just take them apart and re-anodize them for $25. Long as it wasn't black you could still see the degree markings and such fairly eaisily.

but that's beside the point, AEM should have taken care of you on that one...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
wingman said:
I'd just take them apart and re-anodize them for $25. Long as it wasn't black you could still see the degree markings and such fairly eaisily.

but that's beside the point, AEM should have taken care of you on that one...

True, but why spend $25 to fix $300 in brand new parts? I don't think you'll ever see two HKS cam gears in different shades of purple. :icon_wink

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
bigaaron said:
True, but why spend $25 to fix $300 in brand new parts? I don't think you'll ever see two HKS cam gears in different shades of purple. :icon_wink

by all means you shouldn't have to, I just think it would be eaisier to have them reanodized then deal with crappy CS reps...plus then you can have them pink if you really wanted to :naughty:

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Hey Aaron, you can just tell people that you use the colors to remind yourself which one is the intake and which one is the exhaust...:)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
JMDigital said:
wow. I wish I could get my engine that clean.. ! How the hell do you do that. Is it even possible without removing the engine?

Thanks! Glass bead cabinet FTW! You will have to take it apart to do it though. I even disassembled the alternator and removed the windings from the case to bead blast the aluminum.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
malloynx said:
what type of problems were you having with the pro??? what version are you running?

Well you make a run and see what it needs. You make a/f adjustments and sometimes that makes it worse. So you put it back exactly where it was but now the a/f is different at the same rpm points as before. I am still using 4.4 I believe.