Dyno Results: 1JZ, Apexi IHI C7 483whp,406ftlb

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Just got back from the dyno yesterday and I am pretty happy with the results but there is some improvement to be had still i think. Was hoping to break the 500whp mark but I only got to do 3 pulls but with another 1-2 psi that should be easy.

This was done on a stock 1JZ minus bolt ons at 22psi on 91 pump plus methanol injection.
Mods include:
-Apexi IHI C7 Turbo
-MK4 550cc injectors
-Bosch 044 fuel pump
-M14 nozzle with 50/50 mix of methanol
-Jun 264 intake, 272 exhaust cam
-3 1/2 inch catback, 3 inch downpipe no cats
-18x12x4 intercooler with 2 1/2 inch piping
-Stinger Standalone ECU

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521795909#/video/video.php?v=100256177100&ref=mf

sm_photo_missing.jpg

There is the dyno. I think I need to get some cam gears and dial in the cams a bit.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
I had that same turbo on my stock 1jz with a S-AFC and Mines ECU with 550cc inj I hit 550whp and was out of fuel at 25psi. Was a laggy set up but I was still able to hit 119mph traps.

Nice numbers but this cams and the stand alone you should be able to get more. That turbo loves boost, I had it up to 26psi and I was still getting 25whp per PSI of boost I was way out of fuel at that point though so turned it back to 24psi.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Turbo Drifter;1365339 said:
I had that same turbo on my stock 1jz with a S-AFC and Mines ECU with 550cc inj I hit 550whp and was out of fuel at 25psi. Was a laggy set up but I was still able to hit 119mph traps.

Nice numbers but this cams and the stand alone you should be able to get more. That turbo loves boost, I had it up to 26psi and I was still getting 25whp per PSI of boost I was way out of fuel at that point though so turned it back to 24psi.

Well I still have some fuel to play and with a better tune I am sure to make more. I plan to run 94 with methanol and run 24 psi and see what it can do.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
10secdream;1365776 said:
Well I still have some fuel to play and with a better tune I am sure to make more. I plan to run 94 with methanol and run 24 psi and see what it can do.

Oh yeah was not trying to come off as busting your balls. Just letting you know there is good power to be had with that turbo.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
So I finally got around to testing my car for boost leaks. I had a feeling that I should be making more power and my guess was pretty much bang on.

I found 6 leaks in the entire system from the turbo to the intake. 4 of these were on the intercooler couplers and were rather large. The system would not hold any pressure at all and leaked instantly. I am suprised I made as much power as I did considering the leaks.

I am really hoping my drop in the upper rpms is from the turbo being out of its efficiency due to the large leaks.

Either way I am banking that it will spool faster and put down more power.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I'd like to know what it puts down now that the leaks are fixed!

Great numbers despite the leaks. You should pickup some good power man.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
I am running the 044 in-line and it is loud. When you are idling at a light you can hear it over your BIC exhaust with no resonators and that is loud hahaha.

Well looks like I may need to start running more boost with this turbo.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Well I perfected my tune a bit more and added 1.5 degrees of timing at 22-23psi. It just pulls super hard now. I am curious to see what it will put down. I know that there is still a lot more that can be had out of this setup.

Master Bator

Oct 4, 2009
Lethbridge
I know this is super old. Im just doing some research and it seems i have the same turbo and im just looking around to see what i can expect for horsepower.

I know its a laggy setup but im just wondering what you were running after you fixed all the leaks. right now, mine doesn't boost hit boost till 3500, but i know i got some stuff to figure out (boost leaks, wastegate leak)

i have a stock 1jz with this turbo setup. over winter Im going to get a power fc. bigger injectors, fuel pump, fpr, and then some sock oem replacement parts