Dyno: 1JZ Single GT35R and E85 602WHP/550WTQ

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
I believe i met you at drag-way 42 last weekend. You got a nice setup on your car. Can't wait to see some more video's.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
Well I ran out there....last night did 4 runs with the drag radials.. the first two were just geting a hang for how hot the tires like to be and how to get it off the line... there was also some comotion on the first two runs... the third run I came off the lane late but the car ran 11.5@131 with 2.0 60ft.... I let it cool off for a little and gave it another try i staged on the 2 step with ignition retard it build about 10psi off the line and got 1.7 60ft but it would not go into second gear... The trany was feeling little funky after the first two passes so it was hard to say it something was broken or not i just put it in 3rd and got 12.0@122... I have some videos that I will post later on... The car has 10's in it just have to learn how to drive it...

Vlads2jz

Apr 11, 2009
Cleveland
Wow nice number and nice car. Where in Cleveland are you at, and how come ive never seen you around? You should join clevelandracing.com meet up for some nice racing ;)

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
The car has been down for some time now.... Driveline problems... Trans cant hold the power even with the Marlin Crawler upgrades. Destroyed 3 of their washers. They are not breaking but are wearing out and damaging first gear. I have spent $2k on fixing transmissions in the last 3 mounts and the last one lasted 2 hours after I put the M/T drag radials.... Im tired of this and I dont want to go auto. I think it would kill the fun in the car. and I like to get over 150mph once in a while... so I have been working on a T56 swap here is the tread...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100988

So far Quick Time Inc. will try to make a bellhousing ~$600 (They are making two so far one for me one for my buddy), will be getting a clutch that I will be trying (Quarter Master 7.25" Twin Rally, or Triple Optimum-V with Button flywheel and auto Flex Plate for the crown gear)~$600. The drive shaft ~$400. I will need master and slave cyl set up but that is easy also ~$400... The trans will be T-56 Magnum (TR-6060) ACR Viper, ZR1 Vette, CTS-V, GTO.... Aston Martin Vanquish and DB7.... Its been used is some nice rides.... =) and that is $2800.

Its not cheap but by the time I offset the cost by selling parts I already have it would not be out of reach. It beats $5600 for a new V160 + Clutch, drive shaft, mount....

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
When you were racing with the R154 did you try pulling the slack out of it by locking the E-brake and pulling on it as far as it would go before it moved.

I have 3 R154s right now I would hate to know what would happen if I went through them all I found them in turbo supras all just a little below 100,000 miles on them. The one in mine now is out of a jza70-R with less then 30k miles on it.

On your setup also are you using a twin or tripple disc clutch that may help also being able to slip it vs dumping on it.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
I have Spec Super Twin... It is oiling issue most likely... I build a gate that would not allow the fluid to transfer in the back housing on heavy acceleration. That would probably help a little but the fact of the mater is that the R154 is not going to handle anything over 700 crank over extended period of time. It would take a while for the issue to emerge but it would eventually fail. I would still get the Marlin Crawler parts if I was you. The factory washer will be toast in no time.... Try using AMS Oil from what I have heard it seems to have the best wear resistance....Good Luck... Maybe it would work out for you.

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
2JZ_MA70;1137478 said:
OK final number is 602whp/550wtq !!! The impresive thing is the power under the curve... You can make peak numbers all day long and run slow on the track and the street that turbo is outstanding steet turbo for this engine

If it wanst for Tim at Switzer Performance (home of the world fastest Porsche 997 turbo) much of this would have not been posible. He helped me with the build and tuned the car. Man I still cant belive it.... I cant wait to drive it.!!!

Mods are: 3" turbo back no cat, Tub manifold with 60mm tial gate, 2.5" int tubing, 24x12x4 Int, 1600cc, Twin Walbros, AEM EMS and C2DI... that is about it. Stock motor. All bolt-ons.

But yeah the stock cams are definetly a limitation at this point. I can get them reclocked for top end...but its somewhat pointless.

We are building it with response and good street use in mind.

I posted some pictures on page 3-4

New vids of the track and one dyno run...

p1368193_1.gif
:icon_razz

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
10secdream;1368290 said:
Awesome setup and one amazing tune. Great job.

Thanks.

I love the sig “When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
gonzy tunning;1503541 said:
nice set up bro...post some real vids man

Id love to but the car will be down for upgrades for few mounts...

T56-Magnum trans, Cams, M&W ignition... Possibly Battery relocation and some suspension upgrades.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
2JZ_MA70;1365020 said:
The car has been down for some time now.... Driveline problems... Trans cant hold the power even with the Marlin Crawler upgrades. Destroyed 3 of their washers. They are not breaking but are wearing out and damaging first gear. I have spent $2k on fixing transmissions in the last 3 mounts and the last one lasted 2 hours after I put the M/T drag radials.... Im tired of this and I dont want to go auto. I think it would kill the fun in the car. and I like to get over 150mph once in a while... so I have been working on a T56 swap here is the tread...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100988

So far Quick Time Inc. will try to make a bellhousing ~$600 (They are making two so far one for me one for my buddy), will be getting a clutch that I will be trying (Quarter Master 7.25" Twin Rally, or Triple Optimum-V with Button flywheel and auto Flex Plate for the crown gear)~$600. The drive shaft ~$400. I will need master and slave cyl set up but that is easy also ~$400... The trans will be T-56 Magnum (TR-6060) ACR Viper, ZR1 Vette, CTS-V, GTO.... Aston Martin Vanquish and DB7.... Its been used is some nice rides.... =) and that is $2800.

Its not cheap but by the time I offset the cost by selling parts I already have it would not be out of reach. It beats $5600 for a new V160 + Clutch, drive shaft, mount....

Not only that, the T56 doesn't require custom gearing/MkIV pumpkin to drive normally. Nice to see more people doing this. It's a fantastic transmission that can be built relatively cheaply to handle anything you can throw at it.