very nice haha

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
MA702Tone;1241755 said:
I found this on there F&Q's :

Why don't you have tire charts for cars or SUV's?

We do not market to cars and SUV’s intentionally.
The main reason (among others) is due to the style of modern car tires.
For cars and SUV’s, traditional weight balancing is the best method.
Possibly because a lot of modern tires have ribs on the inside (mine do), which would prevent the beads from rolling.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
IJ.;1240766 said:
Wonder what part of the snake they use to make this? ;)

the dead skin, mystery oil and seafoam and a few others used the rest.

IJ.;1241742 said:

last time i load a personal picture :3d_frown: those were for the gas station before prices dropped....

some body buy the kit and take it to your local tire guy. pump them in and see what affect they have. (edit: i dont know if a tire balancing machine can spin fast enough to represent high speed) Any other way to cost effectively test them?

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
grimreaper;1242474 said:
the dead skin, mystery oil and seafoam and a few others used the rest.

last time i load a personal picture :3d_frown: those were for the gas station before prices dropped....

some body buy the kit and take it to your local tire guy. pump them in and see what affect they have. (edit: i dont know if a tire balancing machine can spin fast enough to represent high speed) Any other way to cost effectively test them?

I'd put an out of balance on the rear of the car, spin it up and see what it does. Then put the beads in, spin it up and compare. A balancer doesn't let the tire wheel assembly to move around and won't represent the conditions on the car.

MA702Tone

Jan 28, 2009
Tennesse
Identify the weight of a 20oz bottle of water that is placed in the washer and allowed to rest in the final resting position during the begining & end of the spin cycle in your clothes washer,and tell me what happens??? Now Apply a 20oz bottle of water in the same clothes washer during the spin cycle and tell me what happens. Just a hint this would be a better visual understanding with a top load washer. Jam the switch that is pressed down when the washer lid is closed, with a cloths pin or a small tubed ink pin or pencil. This would allow the washer to spin with the lid open and report back what your analysis is. This is a experiment to see if the bead are really worth a crap and better understand what our tires need to make them balance.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Page 1:

Supracentral;1240749 said:
I'd like to see a scientific explanation of how this supposedly works. Think about it this way, if there is a heavy spot on your tire, it is going to cause that spot to be pulled a little further away from the rim via centrifugal force and the beads should settle there thus increasing the out of balance situation. I read their "how it works" page and I don't buy it.

In reality, modern high performance tires (like the ones we run on Supras) are very well made. So much in fact that the tires are generally very well balanced and the wheels are more out of balance than the rubber.

I call bullshit until someone can tell me how this product defies the laws of physics.

Note:Testimonials, your "butt" dyno, and any number of "my friend had" stories aren't going to convince me. I want to know where the science is.

Page 2:

Oldsupraman;1241381 said:
If you actually want to think about it before jumping to conclusions, look at http://www.innovativebalancing.com/HowItWorks.htm

Supracentral;1241383 said:
I read it - it's crap.

Who needs to read? :D

IJ.;1241742 said:

HAHA Nice IJ!

As said already, the physics of this just don't make any sense.

MA702Tone

Jan 28, 2009
Tennesse
tekdeus;1242182 said:
Possibly because a lot of modern tires have ribs on the inside (mine do), which would prevent the beads from rolling.

This is a very good point, which in turn would allow the beads to cluster to certain point, or jumping around in the tire causing no positive balanceing or extme out of balancenes. Being the devels adviocate most OTR trucks have the tractor type tread ribs inside of the tires so :hsugh: I do know of a few OTR Truckers that actualy request and provide 4-7 golf balls in each tire and have run up to 80 mph with perfect balanced tires.:dunno:

Oldsupraman

Jun 28, 2006
Northern California
I am happy to have provided an amusing topic. And I assure you that the question was merely born of curiosity; I have never even seen these things, much less have a financial stake in them. But I can't let this thread die without pointing out a couple of things:
1. Contrary to some of your intuitive leaps of logic, perhaps born of a high-school/freshman physics course, a tire in use is not equivalent to a spinning torus, and
2. A perfect tire on a perfect wheel may still go out of balance as the tire wears.

Until I see a demonstration video of this product in a transparent "tire" illuminated by a strobe, I intend myself to reserve judgment.