duel ignitor getting hot help please

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
I understand what you are saying there. Correct me if I am wrong here when you wire in parallel the volts will stay the same but half the current and when wired in series will half the voltage but the current will stay the same this is why I decided to try running two ignitors. hints higher voltage to coil packs between fire. Do you know if anyone else has tried doing this with these coils and ignitors yet.here is how i have mine wired up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-01-00-06-47-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-01-00-06-47-1.png
    793.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
This setup is morganson cop follow his post for install instructions and more info all I am doing is wiring differently and using two ignitors instead of one I am still testing this setup I will post when I am done testing.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
That's what I am figuring out right now waiting aem install to see exactly what it can do without playing with the gap to much I know when I boosted a mustang I had to gap down to 15 crazy tight but these motors are quite a bit different

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
supraguy@aol;2019740 said:
DO you think you could throw up a diagram that shows the connections of both igniters to the engine harness?
I posted the wiring for the coils on post 21 I don't want to post how to wire ignitors yet I want to test fully so there isn't a 1000 people out there getting turned in the wrong direction witch is understandable but pm sent to you supraguy@aol

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
I am looking for someone that is supra electrical say to do this mod to test for me must have factory ecu present and wasted spark setup preferably with morgansons cop coils also can rum upwards of 15+ pounds of boost maft pro guys Safc guys needed here plz

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
Hey guys. Just putting this up. After a long time in testing i have finally figured out the 15psi deal.
I have been running the dual ignitor for quite a while, have also tested in single for those who dont want to run dual. Running 16 psi no break up, lex maf, 550 cc inj, the only two things i have done is 1 run a voltage step up box 12 to 19 @ 10amp, and 2 run new double shielded wire from the ecu to the cps. Ultimately it was rewiring the cps that actually fixed the 15 psi break up but i havent gone back to the 12v stock to test that thought.
The dual ignitor kkz has worked with works, no problems setup does get warm but that is what they do.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
What kind of proformance did you get with two ignitors without the voltage stepup did it still breakup above 15 psi if you were able to test that

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
To kkz and rollus. I have tested both dual and single ignitor setup both worked equally well. I really fail to find any major gain of the dual igniter other than in theory it may be easier on the igniter seperating the coils. But i have run both ways and have not noted any fatigue on the electronics. I feel the dual igniter gives a more accurate signal simply because it does not pass through a coil to get to the next and each is powered individually.

Rollus, you dont need to worry about your setup. Just remember that mine didnt all come together until i fixed my wires to my cps (full rewire).

Kkz, i havent tested without the voltage up yet. Its next on the list.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Ok, so you solved the 15psi limit, and got to 16psi...
are you saying that 16psi is the new limit, or can you go higher?

And you're saying that your cps wiring was the main issue?

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
I stopped at 16psi because my motor is an old wore out piece.
And by deduction, yes the cps wiring through the harness was a problem.