Dual stock 7MGTE AFM's and 880's Is it possible?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
And then if you lose a single injector you turn that cylinder into a plasma cutter that punches a hole in the piston...

3x the MTBF's is never a smart thing to build into a system... :nono:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IJ.;1655761 said:
And then if you lose a single injector you turn that cylinder into a plasma cutter that punches a hole in the piston...

the hole thing is stuiped but i think it is the cheepest way makeing a junk yard warrior

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
I'm def a noob when it comes to engine management especially non stock, but I'm trying to learn all I can and wrap my head around this. My understanding is that you're using two stock afm housings in a Y configuration feeding into the single turbo inlet with one afm sending signal and the other as a dummy for replicating the other intake's conditions and half of the air being metered. What I'm wondering is were you planning on putting two seperate air filters on each opening or putting one air filter onto another Y junction then attaching that Y to said AFM Y as in....... Air filter<===AFMx2==>Turbo Inlet. It seems with the latter design that should eliminate any irregularities and fluctuations that may occur using two filters.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
NashMan;1655843 said:
the hole thing is stuiped but i think it is the cheepest way makeing a junk yard warrior

Depends on whether you have to pay for fab work... if you have to pay someone else to fab up the system that runs three injectors per cylinder, it's going to be more expensive than buying 1000cc injectors.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well if you are maken a junk yard worrie usely use have an idea

but yes if you don't have that then one set fo injectors

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
you got to remmber both thes uint have to have = flow so you y pipe will ahve to be = on both side's

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
IJ.;1655761 said:

lol'd.
If you were only getting signal from one AFM (half the total air flow) wouldn't the ecu go batshit? Yeah 880's would make sense because you're running 2x air so you want 2x fuel, but the ecu isn't seeing that. It's actually only seeing 1/2 the air flow, so it would pump half the gas, and then you might as well be running 440's.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
spikesnstuff0905;1679872 said:
lol'd.
If you were only getting signal from one AFM (half the total air flow) wouldn't the ecu go batshit? Yeah 880's would make sense because you're running 2x air so you want 2x fuel, but the ecu isn't seeing that. It's actually only seeing 1/2 the air flow, so it would pump half the gas, and then you might as well be running 440's.

no, it would be seeing all the air, cause your using the same housings, it just like the lex 550 mod, the engine is seeing the same flow its use to, but its really more air going in, with the larger injectors to counter it.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Wouldn't you still be limited to what your turbo flows? If your turbo was rated at 450 cfm's does it matter what's in front of it? Would your engine really see twice the air to utilize 880cc injectors?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's all to trick the computer, the issue is the timing curve is going to be way off (plus who knows if the sensor or ECU will function at such a low flow.