DSM gets owned to the highest degree of ownedness

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Boostaddctn said:
Eh... nitrous is implosive... I have 2 full 10lb bottles of nitrous in my garage and I can open em and put a match to it and nothing will happen... it is most likly a fuel line came loose or was leaking and hit a manifold or something that caused it to catch on fire... and those that HAVE BEEN TO A DRAG STRIP knows there ain't no fire truck there, only EMT personels... aight peace :chicken:

was the eh part saying i was wrong.
and as for firedepartment being right there, yea ur right i never thought of that but then again i really dont pay attention to see if the fire safety is on hand, to busy watching the races.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
nitrous.jpg

LOL

B

browning

they just bought that car from a shop in arkansas over ebay as a rolling chassis about 6 weeks ago.apparently there was a problem with the fuel rail.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
F&F 1 and 2 have a lot to answer for!

While Nitrous doesn't burn it WILL accelerate anything that is burning!
A bit like adding oxygen to a fire (you know how you blow on an ember while camping to make it flame up).

This is why smoking in Hospital is such a big no no!

Cars have a shitload of flamable parts,material,liquids and so on.

Gas by itself doesn't want to burn you need air/oxygen + gas vapour around about 14:1 gets good results ;)!

So small gas leak in a confined space + small N20 leak + ignition source/spark = BIG BOOM, there was a pic of a car minus it's rear end in a garage awhile back that demonstrated this well!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah F&F has a lot of people running around thinking leaking N2O will have your neon green DSM go air born in a neon blue fire ball. Here is my take on what might have happened. My guess is at the shift, when the throttle shut, the nitrous built up and blew the fuel rail off the intake manifold, fuel injectors were then free to pop out of the fuel rail and proceed to spray vast quantities of gasoline at hi-psi all over a hot engine. After that, there is plenty of flammable shit under there to take the rest of the car down. We all remember the effects nitrous can have with a closed throttle and an intake on a certain bad ass orange supra. (I know there is more to it but I really don't feel like typing it out)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea f&f sucked the cars were cool

i feel bad for that guy especialy after this thread, his asshole is like a straw and we are the greyhound bus forcing our way in.

i like dsm's btw only first gens though. that guy ruined a damn nice one.

orange supra in f&f would have been nice had they avoided the exterior stuff

and finnaly i never realy got the "blow the welds off of the intake" is that like blowing the impellar wheel on the twin turbine rasistor pack? i dunno i hate stupid writers that dont know what they are talking about. like the teacher that told me hitler was voted head of nazi party in 1823

xxx8sj.jpg

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Those pictures show a sad incompetence in the track workers. Were they waiting for someone to get back with the marshmallows before they tried to put the fire out?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, ive got the video, but its a huge file and i dont think i can send it thru yahooo email. i might could send it to someone thru a file transfer on aim as long as they have a DSL/Cable/T1 gimmick.

im surprised to see people registering Just to post in this thread. i guess it goes to show that the internet is everywhere!