Drove my car this morning and my A/C didn't work?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Guys I have a problem, When I went to take my son to school, I turned the car on and hit my A/C the light would come on and my engine would rev a little higher, but no A/C?? Then I noticed that my stereo presets were gone and my radio was set back to factory. Then I noticed my clock doesn't work either???

So can someone help me figure out why this is happening. Last night when I drove the car home it was fine, AC, radio, clock, all were fine. All I did was start it up this morning and nothing. This hot air sucks when you live in TX

Thanks

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Guage or cigarette lighter fuse? Can't rememeber, but there is a seemingly-unrelated fuse which affects a bunch of that stuff you would not have thought it did.

Had the problem in 1998, so I can't remember what it was, but am almost sure it was fuse-related.

If ya need the A/C recharged, I have the gear (another excuse for ya'll to come over ;-)...

-E

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Thanks E,

I could use a recharge. Ya we need to come over more. I'm going to look at the fuses right now, hopefully that's all it is.

Ryan

Edit:: E you hit it right on the nose, thanks man!! It was the Cig lighter fuse that was bad, now everything works again!!

Last edited:

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
Dome fuse is your constant power to those things, not sure if that effects your a/c or not but I also have gages and a pump if you need it.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Thanks Rob, I replaced the burnt Cig lighter one and everything works again. My A/C blows cold, just not that hard.