Drove home with a BHG and Boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Lol so i have a feeling my motor is completely done now...

After getting a BHG last week i parked the car and didnt drive
it, now since i dont have a job anymore i didnt have $100 to
spend on a tow truck, so i tried driving it to my buddys house
since he has all the tools and i get on our highway on-ramp and
woooosh! a big huge cloud of smoke shoots out my exhaust
and this van behind me swurves and almost hits me.

My car shuts off by itself and wont start back up, and when
i did try starting it back up white smoke came out like crazy which
im pretty sure is coolant burning...

I can only laugh about it now because its just rediculous...
Lose my job, car gets a bhg and now this...
Wounder whats next...

Can anyone tell me what just happened....

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
first you new you had a bhg and tried driving anyways problem one.

did you check the oil, was there any coolant in there? I would have tried towing it before driving it.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
89supra7mgte;1451025 said:
first you new you had a bhg and tried driving anyways problem one.

did you check the oil, was there any coolant in there? I would have tried towing it before driving it.

I just remembered the last time i gotten a BHG and i drove it to the same place..

My oil pressure was fine and yea oil and coolant was mixed after looking at a puddle on the ground it made.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
One thing I've learned is if your car (any car) if breaking down shut it down immediately and pull over. If you don't have money for a tow truck then contact a friend with a truck and tow rope. Do Not continue driving. That $200 HG job can quickly turn into a $2000 engine rebuild.

Oh, and never ask "What's next." You don't want to find out. Could come home one day to find your best friend in the sac with your girl.

Overheated to the point that your piston rings collapsed and binded themselves to your pistons. Leaving you with 0 compression across the board thus car shutting off, and never to fire up again maybe? That's just my guess.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
:nono: Remember this??

Failure14;1395825 said:
To a noob like myself? If you read my post earlier you would have read that
i only have 2-3 holes stripped... Now if a engine builder does them at $20 a hole, thats $60! The driftmotion kit is $70 + shipping... Now that i think about it im pretty sure theres only 2 holes stripped... And im getting called the ignorant one here...

@ Aaron, No i wasnt saying the Flanges were uneven i was just saying
the holes didnt line up... so i had to make one hole bigger....

@ all, No im not saying 1J is an idiot... But the remark he posted earlier was beyond
the point of mature as even a rational thought, I'm sorry i dont spend my life reading
on supramania and have 99% Activity(1J)... Really? 99%? Id like to know what you discovered
sitting on the damn computer all day everyday....

If you half ass anything on a 7M you WILL FAIL thus living up to your username, what's so hard to understand about that?

You're pissing and moaning like $70 is a lot of money, this leads me to believe that in fact you will half ass things on your car fulfilling the prophecy....

As for what I've "discovered" take a few minutes to look through any of my bigger threads...

IRS 9" Diff and Custom axles

The original prototype Whiteline sway bars

The original Teflon 7M Crank scraper

Custom one off Koni Coil overs

550rwhp LPG fuel system

to name a few off the top of my head.....

I've been doing this 30+ years so there are 100's more as I used to be a fabricator on a top level race team here in Australia.

What have YOU discovered?

As for "sitting on the PC all day" I agree I spend far too much time trying to help ungrateful little fuckwits and that will change.

And on that note this trainwreck is done.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
+1 on that ^^^^^^^ you just cost yourself more than the average hg job in my opinion. Youll be lucky if its only minor and the coolant only hydrolocked your engine causing it to not restart. which in some serious cases means S.O.L

BTW the didnt you have a bhg thread already?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
says it all in your name lol

Costly mistake, bet you won't do it again though ;)

after you pull that head, take some pics of whats left of the HG

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Suprapowaz!(2);1451045 said:
Hey, it's possible. That's what happened to my Accord one day. It overheated that bad.

Or is that a comment on his part for continuing running when his ankle was broken with bone sticking out of the side?

Wasn't directed at you hit refresh for my edit ;)

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
IJ.;1451037 said:
:nono: Remember this??

If you half ass anything on a 7M you WILL FAIL thus living up to your username, what's so hard to understand about that?

You're pissing and moaning like $70 is a lot of money, this leads me to believe that in fact you will half ass things on your car fulfilling the prophecy....

As for what I've "discovered" take a few minutes to look through any of my bigger threads...

IRS 9" Diff and Custom axles

The original prototype Whiteline sway bars

The original Teflon 7M Crank scraper

Custom one off Koni Coil overs

550rwhp LPG fuel system

to name a few off the top of my head.....

I've been doing this 30+ years so there are 100's more as I used to be a fabricator on a top level race team here in Australia.

What have YOU discovered?

As for "sitting on the PC all day" I agree I spend far too much time trying to help ungrateful little fuckwits and that will change.

And on that note this trainwreck is done.

Good job 1j once again your goal is accomplished and you got the attention
you obviously strive for in every post, does this make you feel good knowing you are smarter than a 17 year old? i hope so.

and as for the post

"As for "sitting on the PC all day" I agree I spend far too much time trying to help ungrateful little fuckwits and that will change."

From what i remember you have never helped me on any threads, all you have ever had to say was how much of a fuckin failure i am, and as for the change part, your still on here telling me how stupid i am.

Almost every post i see from you is just a smart asshole remark.
And as many times as i see an admin telling someone to stay on topic
ive come to believe you need to be adressed with this more than anyone.

And what i love most is everyone here acting like they were an ASE certified
mechanic when they got there first car, and you know what ill agree that
a supra probably wasnt the best choice for a first car but its taught me more than any fuckin honda ever would of...

Im still learning alot from reading on here, and when i make a thread about
a problem you guys flame me like im the most fuckin ignorant person out there for doing what i did...

So i appologize that im not perfect and never make mistakes like obvious lives you guys have....

No need to give anymore advice on my problems, id rather not keep getting
called names and being laughed at.

Close thread please.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
dude you are taking aggressions out in the wrong direction. First there is no need to be getting into IJ for any reason, with experience comes knowledge i believe that is all he was posting there. Honda toyota kia daewoo anything should not be driven knowing it has a bhg. Yes this car will learn you alot but not without the expense of it. this just happens to be one of the most expensive lessons to learn.

The fact is in your other post it was stated multiple times you HAVE a bhg or possible cracked head. That should have been it, you know dont drive the car but start to fix it. somewhere or another the hg you put on did not seal correctly for any number of reasons.

If you want help ask. I am not saying its what you will wanna hear or just blowing smoke it will be from what i know or experienced.

When and if you get the car home do this:
drain oil and coolant, turn engine over by HAND with socket and breaker bar, make sure it turns freely. if not start pulling plugs, if it turns then see which cylinder has coolant in it. Take head off and inspect that cylinder area for cracks along with hg. YOU WILL NEED TO SEND IT OUT AND HAVE CHECKED STILL.

if crank turns freely by hand than re add oil and do compression test. If you have good compression than you block MAY still be good, if not then you will need to pull it and rebuild it.

Take this advice as you wish, but this may lead you in the direction you need to go.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Fail: Don't have to be ASE certified or a Rocket Scientist to know if it's broken you don't drive it....

You're a self fulfilling prophecy, next step is to half ass a repair then post the inevitable "Rod Knock now I'm going 1Jz" thread.

Sorry if I've shovelled sand into your vag but this is a pattern we've seen here so many times over the years it's almost like you guys follow a script.

JJ: Do you really think that's a fair trade for a wrinkly old plum?? :)

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
The last time you posted up you made a fool of yourself, bagging out someone well respected in the supra community only to finally kill your car by driving it with a bhg than telling everyone about it. :nuts:
Can't understand why you lost your job.!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
People get heated when people ask for help in exchange for nothing, waste their time, then show disrespect and complete lack of appreciation. If you're going to ask people for help, LISTEN to them, otherwise it's pointless, because now you look like (IMO) someone that only hears what they want to.

+1: If using something caused damaged to it, then continuing the use will further the damage. You exchanged the $100 towing for a $1000+ rebuild. Don't miscalculate cost vs benefits again.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
^^^Ouch. lol

Alright man, look, IJ, Jdub, GrimJack, SupraCentral, Figgie, and so on, are all administrators or contributers for one reason or another, but the main reason is....BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEIR SUPRA. They dont have to help you, but they do, you dont have to be on this forum, but you are. So your going to have to learn to deal with people flaming on you.

And dont think Im some old guy who thinks you need to respect the admins on here. Im 18, just turned 18 too. AND guess what, my head on my supra is cracked, Im still driving it. And all these guys already expressed how much of an idiot they think I am, but you have to learn to take it.

So just calm down and breathe. When they tell you something its usually for the best.

And if you really dont like them flaming on you, dont get back on here, you can always go to supraforums for info and advice, but I bet they wont be as nice as here. ;)

Reactions: alcyon
Status
Not open for further replies.