Droid Coming to Verizon :)

Will you be looking into getting the new Android?

• Heck yeah, can't wait!

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • It's a piece of crap, I just know it.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • You can't talk me out of my current device. End of Story.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
i've only had mine die once... i went out to the track taking photos all day, then to a mates place for a bucks night, then crashed in the back of the car at 3am... (i think a bit of drunk msn'ing was involved as well) and then woke up about 9am with a flat battery.... but Garmin nuvi gps's use usb chargers as well, so i just plugged it in to the gps charger and fired it back up :)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nobody is talking about this?!

This phone is pretty freakin cool. I sell phones at work (Best Buy) and I spent just about all day today playing with this device. Very neat, very responsive, ugly, very user friendly and features google navigation (street view) in real time.

Very cool. If you have an iphone or think the iphones are the be all, end all you owe it to yourself to get a demo of this device. Feels very solid, maybe a little heavy, but not bad.

If after playing with Google Sky and Google Navigation you aren't impressed at least with the software and hardware capabilities, I think you need an Apple logo to make you happy. ;)

Google never ceases to amaze me.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I definitely played around with it yesterday. My conclusion? There is very little that this phone can't do.

My friend already had pretty much everything loaded up on his phone that he could get, and even had 400+ contacts stored on his phone - and it didn't even think to slow down.

It's impressive. Everyone that I know that has hated on this phone has either been a cheap ass or just too girly saying that it's "too heavy."

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
This phone is crap compared to the innovation the iphone brought to the market. It's a phone for people that don't want to switch carriers or have an upgrade coming. Verizon is marketing it like an iphone killer because when you look at it on paper it wins by a hair.

The fact is, it's not apple software and it will never be as good as the iphone because of this. For one the Iphone is built around Itunes. Itunes is the number one music, pod cast, and TV show store. You just cant compare anything to that, it's like comparing linux to windows linux may run way better and have superior stats but windows wins out for all the same basic reasons the iphone wins out over any other phone.

my iphone is jailbroken and this makes it even better, the droid idont advertisement is void over a jailbroken iphone because my iphone does run apps simultaneously, I have thousands of themes, why do I need a widget I don't have a desk top, Jailbroken and appstore is mostly open development apps, why am I trying to take pic in the dark with a crappy 5mp phone any how, and interchangeable battery droid wins (kind of).

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
^Fan boy much?

iPhone is great, no doubt. It's one monumental GLARING fault is being on AT&T or t-mobile, which is simply inexcusable for such a data heavy high end device.

Android is a brilliant system and with Google muscle behind it, will be the dominant system in the end - no question in my mind.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
mkIIIman089;1445929 said:
^Fan boy much?

iPhone is great, no doubt. It's one monumental GLARING fault is being on AT&T or t-mobile, which is simply inexcusable for such a data heavy high end device.

Android is a brilliant system and with Google muscle behind it, will be the dominant system in the end - no question in my mind.

Thats something I never understood you see I came from sprint (worst ever) and moved to AT&T and I love it. I had droop calls all the time with sprint and even knew where all the dead spots where. With AT&T I know of very few (three) in Cincinnati and its the only carrier that works where I live.

no I'm not a Fan boy, I thought the iphone was a waste of money till I dated a girl that had one and I was blown away.
so I predict like the g1 this phone will fizzle away and be forgotten.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
staticpage;1445996 said:
Thats something I never understood you see I came from sprint (worst ever) and moved to AT&T and I love it. I had droop calls all the time with sprint and even knew where all the dead spots where. With AT&T I know of very few (three) in Cincinnati and its the only carrier that works where I live.

no I'm not a Fan boy, I thought the iphone was a waste of money till I dated a girl that had one and I was blown away.
so I predict like the g1 this phone will fizzle away and be forgotten.

Funny, I travel literally everywhere with my Verizon phone, and I am really hard pressed to find a single dead spot, much less three in a highly populated city :sarcasm:

This phone won't fizzle like the G1 - in fact - people with the G1 love it despite the fact that it is with some of the crappiest carriers ever... now since this is with Verizon, you bet your butt it is sticking around.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Of course your location plays a HUGE role in what carrier provides better coverage, but I currently have AT&T. I have it because I get a better dealer plan. (30/month for unlimited data/messaging and 2000 minutes;)) I came from Verizon. With Verizon I had a handful of dropped calls in TWO YEARS. With AT&T I have had a handful of dropped calls LITERALLY every WEEK. There is a night and day difference where I live. (North Denver and surrounding areas)

This was further proven by the people that were at my store yesterday canceling their Iphone plans early to sign up with Verizon.

The Iphone is a great device, no doubt. The Droid is a very solid competitor and has a few features absent on the Iphone.

To dismiss the Droid because it isn't an Iphone is ridiculous. Apple is not the only company that makes a good phone, not by a long shot. ;)