Drivetrain position question

Supratruck24

Jul 31, 2012
Olympia WA
So ive been looking through lots of threads and pages, doing a lot of google searching and i still need help to confirm

Im in the process of building a supra truck, full supra suspension, drivetrain, engine, interior etc. with a 1974 toyota hilux body.

I parted out a supras interior and front n rear subframes, i just got the rear ready to attach to my hilux frame... if none of this seems like it makes sence sorry, its just an idea i had and im building it lol.

Problem is, when i line up the rear subframe with the section of the truck frame im using, my differential is not off center, but where it comes out to be attached to the driveline is not centered with the diff pumpkin now i never got to inspect a supra with its full drive train under it so..

Is the driveline from rear diff to transmission supposed to be a straight line?

I drew a paint picture so laugh if you must, just need help haha

Mine looks like the one one the right at this point, right now i dont have anything mounted or anything permanent because im worried about the driveline being wrong. i understand it is a 2 peice driveline so maybe the first section from the transmission is straight and the back half is at a angle?

p1864254_1.png

Im just wondering if the subframe is actually mounted off center on the body of a supra, or since i dont have a transmission yet, if where the driveline connects is also off center to make it straight, my step dad said a driveline is always straight front to back and there is no way it could be at an angle like that, i agree but ive never worked on a supra... i just have almost all the parts to make one.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
i just looked at mine.. and mine seem like its basically strait.. cant really see a 'shift' at all.. i was looking strait down the underside from the motor..

Supratruck24

Jul 31, 2012
Olympia WA
Bro thanks for the reply, i look down the drivetrain tunnel of the supra i tore the subframes out of , and it looks straight to me as well, i just am having a hard time understanding why the output shaft is off centered lol, again thank you so much i appreciate the reply