Drivetrain Clearence Question (98 4runner 4x4 2jz swap)

KryptoRoxx

Mar 1, 2011
29 Palms, CA
So after abusing Google for hours on end I finally found the answer to my questions but I have one more remaining and thought some of you guys might have an idea on this. I have a w59 5spd and with a w58 bellhousing it will bolt right up to a 2jzge. I realize that for 220hp roughly I could build my 3rz up to that but for future upgrades building hp would be more and more difficult in a 3rz so I think the swap to a 2jzge is a good first step. I can always go turbo later and gain much more hp with the 2jz. Now I'm just wondering about the front drivetrain clearence with a bigger engine inside of the hood. I know about the Aristo front sump already to clear the crossmember and I don't think the drivetrain will have clearence issues but....never say never. Anyone have experience or ideas on this?

KryptoRoxx

Mar 1, 2011
29 Palms, CA
Thanks for the link. Apparently their site is down right now but it could be the crappy network I'm on too. I haven't seen this site yet so maybe it does have the info I'm after.

KryptoRoxx

Mar 1, 2011
29 Palms, CA
So I checked it out. It has lots of info for pre-95 swaps and kinda wish that I had one now because all the info is there. However not much is available for the 96-02 cut of Tacomas/4runners and the forum hasn't been operating for over a year. Too bad too. It seemed like a great site. Thanks for the post anyway.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
http://dahnautomotive.com/

I know Wes has had a swap like this in mind for one of his crawlers, and I KNOW he's more than capable of a conversion like this. Too bad his website is kinda sparse, he's probably a bit busy with work in general. Either way, give him a call, it's worth a shot. :)