Driveshafts

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Spoke with Jeff yesterday about some concerns I had with a driveline purchased from
another company and he was extremly helpful and easy to deal with. In retrospec I wish
I had made the intital purchase from him

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I bought it through Driftmotion, and yes, i was being anal about the paint for the simple fact thats its steel, there were scratches in the paint, so that means the rust is going to form and start to crack the paint. (and the fact you told me if i wanted "pretty paint" it would cost $50 extra)

It wasnt until AFTER i got it on, and take a trip to the local junk yard did i notice the vibration, but my point is, there are people who have vibrations, and people who dont have vibrations... is that the cars fault or your fault on balancing?

Either way, the way you responded in the parts/vendor review said all i needed to know about you. If i want a Diff rebuilt, its another story. but no bueno for driveshafts.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Unhappy customer is all. Which you would be too if you went through what i did, and the things that were said.

and he can go ahead and spit in it, i'll just tell him to rebuild it again! haha just causes him more money in the end...

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
jawsgear;999902 said:
Hmmmm, just ran across this thread.... some information on the shafts we make.

Spin balanced to aproximately 2500rpms

Really !
That low ?
I would have thought it would be checked at a much higher speed.
My driveshaft is aproaching 12,500 rpm in 6th gear (8500 rpm at driveshaft).
I was concerned with reaching critical speed for a drive shaft,
but the Drive Shaft Shop says I'll be fine.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
gofastgeorge;1002281 said:
Really !
That low ?
I would have thought it would be checked at a much higher speed.
My driveshaft is aproaching 12,500 rpm in 6th gear (8500 rpm at driveshaft).
I was concerned with reaching critical speed for a drive shaft,
but the Drive Shaft Shop says I'll be fine.

What are you smokeing?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
spinning a drive shaft at 2500 rpm is more than enough to get a good balance.....same with tires what balance machine spins tires at 200mph just to balance

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Rennat;1002236 said:
Unhappy customer is all. Which you would be too if you went through what i did, and the things that were said.

and he can go ahead and spit in it, i'll just tell him to rebuild it again! haha just causes him more money in the end...

Don't worry about spit in the diff. I would rather you take your diff to someone else you feel more comfortable with. If you are THAT unhappy with us and our drivelines why would you even consider having us work on it? It is better for both of us IMO. Not interested.

Jeff

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1007290 said:
I purchased one of the first aluminum 1 piece driveshafts from jawsgear my mkiii had about 300 rwhp underdrive pullys lighter aftermarket wheels you will notice a huge diffrence in performance as soon as you let off the gas there is no momentum in moving parts then the engine and car will slow down fast (engine braking) when you let off the throttle but throttle response is through the roof and take off is insane you only want heavy moving parts if your in a 4X4 rock crawling.

I drove over 20,000 miles on your drive shaft & I took your driveshaft up to 160MPH on a 4.30 diff and the only problem my supra had was one of the cheap plastic vents behind the driverside window blew off no vibration no shaking nothing.

I remember when ordering my driveshaft Jawsgear asked me for the length of my drive shaft to make a percise fit i didnt have my measurment so i told him the oem turbo R154 MKIII length worked fine thanks again jeff.

Good input and everything, but dude, sentences?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I purchased one of the first aluminum 1 piece driveshafts from jawsgear my mkiii had about 300 rwhp.

I drove over 20,000 miles on your drive shaft & I took your driveshaft up to 160MPH on a 4.30 diff and the only problem my supra had was one of the cheap plastic vents behind the driverside window blew off no vibration no shaking nothing.

I remember when ordering my driveshaft Jawsgear was kind and asked me for the length of my driveshaft to make a percise fit.
I didnt have my measurment so I asked Jawsgear to make it the oem turbo R154 MKIII length.
It worked great thanks again jeff.

p.s. sorry for throwing my facts in with out organizing my sentance.