Driveshaft Spacer??

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I have a problem :nono: I have a 86.5 Supra auto that I was told was a 91 and it had the 91 conversion kit on it so I dident know untill now. I installed a 91 cressida a/t but my 86.5 driveshaft is exactly an inch too short. I am not sure if the trannys or the driveshafts are different lengths because I do not have my old tranny. Do they sell a 1 inch spacer to solve my problem?? Is it the driveshaft or the tranny tail housing that are different lengths? or could it be because its a cressida tranny?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
when i changed my tranny i had to change my extension housing (among a few other things), im sure they are the same though

i havent heard of a spacer... but what i did was had a drivetrain shop make a one piece driveshaft. all you need is the end to the tranny and to the differential. they make it balance it and vuala one piece driveshaft and fix to your problems

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
oh cool, how much did that run you?? I think a newer driveshaft would be longer to match the tranny year. I also herd the turbo cars reguardless of the year have the longer driveshafts but im not sure

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
PorterzSupra said:
oh cool, how much did that run you?? I think a newer driveshaft would be longer to match the tranny year. I also herd the turbo cars reguardless of the year have the longer driveshafts but im not sure

honestly dont remember what they charged me to do it... did it in 02' for a different supra, i just transplanted it into my current one :p i'd find a place give them a call and ask for a quote