driveshaft carrier bearing

T_Supra

Mar 1, 2011
Chandler,AZ
so ive seen that post about the ranger carrier bearing but this might be a dumb question but is there a difference between the 86-88' and the 89+ bearings cause on autozone they show a replacement for the 89+ for like $40. im trying to get my car on a 7 hour trip you think itll hold up if i dont replace my bearing? what are the worst possible scenerios that can happen if i dont replace it soon?
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Driveshaft-Center-Support/_/N-6o20v?filterByKeyWord=center+support&fromString=search&vehicleIdForService=157123265&_requestid=1787371

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
My carrier bearing was completely shot when I upgraded to a 1pc driveshaft, but I only experienced bad vibrations from 70mph-85mph and some at 130mph..Instead of buying a new carrier bearing I got my 2pc driveshaft converted into a single steel and balanced for $170. Was a good deal/upgrade.

T_Supra

Mar 1, 2011
Chandler,AZ
i just need to know how long i can really last. i just had a 2jzgte installed and havent quite gotten all the parts to swap my r154 in yet and i plan to go with 1pc driveshaft but that's after i buy new coilovers, if need be ill try setting up this r154 first then coilovers but i was hoping to swap tranny's when the w58 blows on me

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't bother with the autozone ones. The tabs are not in the correct spot. I bought one new for 180 from Toyota about 6 years ago still holding fine.

There is also a ford one you can modify to fit.

Also my buddy makes very nice 1pc ds steel that will not vibrate at all for around 300+ shipping.

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
how long it lasts is depending on how bad it is already. if you have bad vibrations, change it. if you dont, then i might call it safe. but thats never a guarentee if your going on a 7 hour road trip