Driftmotion Turbo upgrade kits

zubergoober

Jun 12, 2008
ohio
So i just got my 1j started and i'm already thinking of upgrading lol. I was looking at the turbo kits on Driftmotion.com and i haven't seen anything close to that cheap. So i was wondering if anyone had bought any of em and what they thought. And also if the kits put out the power that they say that put out.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well if its coming from Aaron, its a good system.. everything ive bought from him is great stuff.. and soon im going with his 60-1kit soon..

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Aaron is the man... I trust him 100%. So if he says it will do 500hp, i believe him. Plus he has great quality stuff, for next to nothing!

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Turbo is not something to cheap out on. I bought a slightly used upgraded ct26 in the name of saving like $100 and now im in the middle of a disaster because the turbo is trash. Looking back I will never buy anything but a new turbo from a reputable seller, and Big Aaron is definitely reputable!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I just bought the 60-1 kit. It came in the mail this past week. Everything looks really good quality. I haven't run it yet. I'm still putting it together. I have pictures on my build thread if anyone wants to see. Check it out and comment what you guys think. As soon as I get it up and running I will let you know how it is. I will post more pics and try to post video once running.
I will also try to post a dyno sheet.

I felt a dm67 kit on a 1j cressida. It's pretty nice but if you're going to drive your car around town, you should get the 60-1. The dm67 kit is more for people just racing.

davidgboyle

Aug 10, 2009
Guelph
I bought 90% of my 2J swap parts from driftmotion and they were nothing short of amazing to deal with. If you are thinking of looking else where I would say don't.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Something else to remember is that any information that Aaron gives out is backed by 'First Hand' experience. They install what they sell so you get first hand feedback. He knows what cuts the mustard and what doesn't.

That's worth A LOT!

zubergoober

Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Cool i read your build thread, maybe i missed it in there but which kit did you decide on? And ya let me know the difference you feel after ya drive it for a while.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
zubergoober;1387048 said:
Cool i read your build thread, maybe i missed it in there but which kit did you decide on? And ya let me know the difference you feel after ya drive it for a while.

Are you talkin to me? If so I got the 60-1 kit. As soon as I get it up and running you guys will be the first to know.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
TAKE A LOOK AT MY THREAD.

I Bought A Turbo Kit From Aaron and Asked Him To Make It For A 7MGTE And He Said That He Could And Advised Me On The Turbo And Turbo Size.

I Bought The Kit And It Was Not Too Great.

Take A Look At My Build Thread....
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93837&page=7

Had To Pay To Get A Part Modified That I Was Told That It Would Work.

I Called And He Said He Could Not Do Anything About It, Not Even Return And Send Another One Because It Could Have Been A Faulty Part.

DON'T FLAME ME! I CALLED AND GAVE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT TO CLEAR EVERYTHING UP, BUT GUESS NOT.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
supra1008;1386915 said:
The dm67 kit is more for people just racing.

This is the biggest load of bs I've seen in awhile. I have the 67 kit on my car w/ a .7 a/r and its perfectly streetable. Think about this: we have small engines and we rev to the sky. I don't understand why people worry about how soon spool time is. I have gone to 26psi so far and have been there by 4k...on stock cams. Now Ive got my BC 264s in and will let you know how those work when its all finished. This means that I've still got 4500rpms of balls out power.

The kit is totally complete. I had an issue with some manifold fitment but Aaron and I worked it out on the phone and I got up and runnin' in no time. I made my own flange to use my genuine TiAL gate instead of the one that comes with it, but everything else is plug and play. Turbo is good quality, dp fits great, feed and drain lines are quality ss lines with -an fittings, intake and filter are nice and bolt right up; what more could you ask for?

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, several people on here and SF have and we've gotten all the install issues worked out. This is a helluva deal for someone looking to go single on the cheap and still have it done right with quality parts.

Here are a few pics from installing it and how I did my oil lines. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=17329038&albumId=2712321

AwAis1JZ

AwAis1JZ
Nov 14, 2008
Houston, TX
Well as far as the kit goes from Driftmotion, it's a great kit, i have a friend of mines that bought it from him and hes very happy!

As for Aaron,

I trust him bcuz he knows what hes doing. We do swaps here in our shop all the time and i get a majority of my parts from him. I've never had a problem and even if i did, i'm more than confident Aaron would take care of me.

End of chapter...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I also gotta chime in here, Aaron and driftmotion are excellent to deal with in every way, fast shipping, good advice etc.

Honestabe just installed a kit from them also, I think he's very happy.

You can bet you get all the bits you need to have also, very complete.

Here's a pic of a GT4088R kit he put together for me.

Attachments

• turbo_plumbing.jpg
    turbo_plumbing.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 56

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
i am wondering about spool time. How is this kit compared compared to the stock twins in terms of spool up?? i know its a lot more power and simple than the twins, but i'm just worried about the lag.

edit: ooops, i thought this was for the 57 trim. any input on that one??

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
hell ya their kits are bad ass... i took my supra to dem and they installed it for me too, great grp of guys down in driftmotion, you can trust dem 100 % im happy driving my 1jzMA70 :)

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
i have the 57 trim in my 1jz... the boost kicks in around 3500 pretty quick and im runnin on stock boost still, i dont get any fuel cuts with this kit, everything else is stock but the kit.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
pnutcar;1387328 said:
This is the biggest load of bs I've seen in awhile. I have the 67 kit on my car w/ a .7 a/r and its perfectly streetable. Think about this: we have small engines and we rev to the sky. I don't understand why people worry about how soon spool time is. I have gone to 26psi so far and have been there by 4k...on stock cams. Now Ive got my BC 264s in and will let you know how those work when its all finished. This means that I've still got 4500rpms of balls out power.

The kit is totally complete. I had an issue with some manifold fitment but Aaron and I worked it out on the phone and I got up and runnin' in no time. I made my own flange to use my genuine TiAL gate instead of the one that comes with it, but everything else is plug and play. Turbo is good quality, dp fits great, feed and drain lines are quality ss lines with -an fittings, intake and filter are nice and bolt right up; what more could you ask for?

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, several people on here and SF have and we've gotten all the install issues worked out. This is a helluva deal for someone looking to go single on the cheap and still have it done right with quality parts.

Here are a few pics from installing it and how I did my oil lines. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=17329038&albumId=2712321

Sorry I worded that wrong. I didn't mean its just for racing. I had talked to Aaron and he said if its your dd. 60-1 kit is better around town. It doesn't mean that you can't dd it with the dm67 kit.

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
Falken;1387991 said:
i have the 57 trim in my 1jz... the boost kicks in around 3500 pretty quick and im runnin on stock boost still, i dont get any fuel cuts with this kit, everything else is stock but the kit.

thanks for the reply.

anybody else want to chime in on the the dm turbo kits