Driftmotion billet 6765 2JZGTE kit

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Hey guys, I am beginning to upgrade from the stock twins on my 2JZ and have been rummaging through the Internet reading old threads in concerns to different turbo kits etc. I am leaning towards a DM6765 turbo kit, unsure of which exhaust a/r at the moment.

All the threads I have dug up all lead back to 2010ish in regards to the DM turbo kits being "ebay" and "junk". While I have had alot of real world experience with Aaron and being a great guy to deal with. Answers text messages on the fly or calls back, I don't know anyone with any real world experience with the DM turbo kits themselves. I completely understand that out of the 1600 dollars for the turbo kit the money savings comes down to the manifold and the waste gate itself. I spoke to Aaron on the phone and the turbo seems to be quality and driftmotion built. Billet wheels, garret internals, driftmotion housings.

My questions lay here I guess, does anyone have any real world experience with the quality and performance?

I read mixed information about mk3 manifold fitment but again they lead years back.

Any issues with the HKS replica waste gates?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
I bought the kit without the turbo for my 1JZ. The manifold fit was a bit wonky and only 11 out of 12 nuts were able to be fitted. But the manifold did go on with minimal issues.

The replica wastegate worked sort of. Seemed to open earlier than it should. I got a Tial replacement after a few months that works perfectly (as is expected).

All the oil lines and whatnot worked great for me. The only issue I had was tracking down an obscure sized fitting for my HX35 to connect the oil line, but it wasn't a huge deal and not an issue if you get the full kit. I also had to get a T4 to T3 flange, but not an issue with the full kit.

What it comes down it is what you personally need. My turbos were blowing oil so needed replacement. The kit is the cheapest and easiest to use and for a weekend car, why not? If it's a daily, maybe get that $800 manifold but for me it wasn't worth it. The manifold appears to be Chinese with welded bracing which is probably fine for most people's application.

The downpipe it came with was a perfect fit too.

For the intercooler piping, I recommend eyeballing measurements and ordering what you need from siliconeintakes.com. They have everything you'll need for cheap. I actually never mounted my intercooler either...just hose clamped the connecting pipes to the front tow hooks and it holds strong.

So the quick and dirty: wastegate sucks, manifold mostly fits, kit is a good deal on a budget.

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
rhs;2067242 said:
I bought the kit without the turbo for my 1JZ. The manifold fit was a bit wonky and only 11 out of 12 nuts were able to be fitted. But the manifold did go on with minimal issues.

The replica wastegate worked sort of. Seemed to open earlier than it should. I got a Tial replacement after a few months that works perfectly (as is expected).

All the oil lines and whatnot worked great for me. The only issue I had was tracking down an obscure sized fitting for my HX35 to connect the oil line, but it wasn't a huge deal and not an issue if you get the full kit. I also had to get a T4 to T3 flange, but not an issue with the full kit.

What it comes down it is what you personally need. My turbos were blowing oil so needed replacement. The kit is the cheapest and easiest to use and for a weekend car, why not? If it's a daily, maybe get that $800 manifold but for me it wasn't worth it. The manifold appears to be Chinese with welded bracing which is probably fine for most people's application.

The downpipe it came with was a perfect fit too.

For the intercooler piping, I recommend eyeballing measurements and ordering what you need from siliconeintakes.com. They have everything you'll need for cheap. I actually never mounted my intercooler either...just hide clamped the connecting pipes to the front tow hooks and it holds strong.

So the quick and dirty: wastegate sucks, manifold mostly fits, kit is a good deal on a budget.
Thanks for the info. The manifold and waste gate I figured as much as you said. The turbo itself from what aaron says is quality and not ebay. I daily drive/race the car in the warmer months. The kit seems like it would work good for me but if the turbo itself isn't that good then I guess it's a no brainer to pass on the idea. Figure 1000 dollars of that kid is the turbo itself which is supposed to be a quality garret billet and oil lines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
I ran a eBay manifold on all my 1jz's and never had a problem.. Both cars were freeway monsters. My Last one. Some kid from Seattle bought it and he swap my emanage blue for a aem ecu dynoed at 480whp. eBay manifold and eBay waste gate . Now I'm running a eBay manifold with a bw s366 haven't dynoed yet .. If I were you I would look at a cast iron manifold . They are super cheap 150-200. Bore it out a bit and bam. Been thinking about swapping one long tubes for a cast iron. (Faster spool).