Driftmotion 3" downpipe. Any reviews?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
It's a chinaman clone of the hks megamouth downpipe....it works and is better than stock...

Everyone swears that driftmotion's chinaman stuff is good quality....I personally chose to spend $400 on a bic ddp but that's me....

Keep in mind that for $240ish you can have the true hks downpipe....

88supraproject

Nov 11, 2009
sudbury
i had/still have an hks down pipe and it only bolts to the turbo elbow and doesnt replace the elbow so your still at the stock elbow diameter. i now have the driftmotion chinaman dp and it seems to be decent quality fits perfect im using the wideband bung it came with for now but plan on moving it farther down the dp. all in all i would probably have just started with the driftmotion one and would recommend it i only have idleing time on it so i cant comment on durability but i dont see why it would break.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
And ive had to different cars with the HKS downpipes the first i put on and then replaced with a cooleeze for a noticeable difference. And the seconond that came with one and then i replaced with another different true 3" for a better response. Not saying the HKS isnt better than stock but its worht a lil extra money to get a true 3" or better Downpipe imho.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
gaboonviper85;1499778 said:
It's a chinaman clone of the hks megamouth downpipe....it works and is better than stock...

Everyone swears that driftmotion's chinaman stuff is good quality....I personally chose to spend $400 on a bic ddp but that's me....

Keep in mind that for $240ish you can have the true hks downpipe....

Yeah Ive had the BIC DDP a while ago, but parted most of my aftermarket parts, and now im restarting to lightly mod. So im just looking for the best bang for the buck.

88supraproject;1499875 said:
i had/still have an hks down pipe and it only bolts to the turbo elbow and doesnt replace the elbow so your still at the stock elbow diameter. i now have the driftmotion chinaman dp and it seems to be decent quality fits perfect im using the wideband bung it came with for now but plan on moving it farther down the dp. all in all i would probably have just started with the driftmotion one and would recommend it i only have idleing time on it so i cant comment on durability but i dont see why it would break.

roundfinger;1499877 said:
And ive had to different cars with the HKS downpipes the first i put on and then replaced with a cooleeze for a noticeable difference. And the seconond that came with one and then i replaced with another different true 3" for a better response. Not saying the HKS isnt better than stock but its worht a lil extra money to get a true 3" or better Downpipe imho.

Yes I also have an HKS DP at the moment, botle necking is the reason I want a full 3" DP.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
i was also interested in this one a while back. i actually placed an order for one but it turns out they didn't have them in stock at the time so i opted for a two piece elbow and dp. which was the hks copy. i had to have it modified to fit because it wouldn't mate up with the cat back. so i'd call Aaron first before you order one to make sure they actually have that one in stock.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
natedogr;1500188 said:
i had to have it modified to fit because it wouldn't mate up with the cat back.

Sounds like a classic case of China Knock off parts. I bet after the time, hassel and cost of modifying the knock off you could have bought a BIC DP and it would have fit right the first time.

Send me a PM or email before you or anyone else buys a knock off DP or DDP, I will give you a great price on a BIC DP, and its GARRANTEED TO FIT !!

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Not to take business from anyone or anything like that but i would deff jump on a bic piece if i had the money, since he started making the ddp, i haven't seen a bad review yet outside of the ddp being too loud for some people lol