Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Heres a little something...

p289167_1.jpg

p289167_2.jpg

p289167_3.jpg

p289167_4.jpg

Yep, went out on #1 and #6, both on the exhaust side. #1 was full of coolant but I soaked it up right away.

Just thought i'd throw it out here.

Last edited:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
On a lighter note...

I tinted my front corner markers earlier this week. Just have to clear coat them.

With Flash:
p289384_1.jpg

p289384_2.jpg

p289384_3.jpg

Without flash:
p289384_4.jpg

p289384_5.jpg

Would go darker but any more and it would contrast too much.

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Good luck with the head gasket are you going MHG? And those signals!!!! my word, i love them! Please tell us how you did that.
-Steve

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
LouKY said:
To the untrained eye didn't it go on #2 on the exhaust side, too?

:aigo:

Yeah forgot to say that, kinda rushed to post and then described the pics. It was actually goin out on #2 and #5, same spot but not as bad.

As for the turn signals, I just preped 'em, wet sand fine grit let dry, tack cloth, then applied some of this:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1525/dscf2136qz3.jpg
Its made for models thats why it's called 'window tint'.
Still gotta clear coat 'em, hopefully that works well.

Last edited:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
nice corners. might do that someday...i think it would look nice on my black car :D

any pics of the buildup from your BHG? Mine should be done today sometime around noon!!! hehe....

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Sort of. Ill take pics of it right now.

Ive got the intake on, and everything on that side, and im heli-coiling the exhaust studs right after I post this. Then all ive got to do is mount the turbo on and go from there. Wish me luck. :icon_bigg

Pics in an hour or so.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Ran into a small delay, but no worries. Also cant find the camera cable.

Last edited:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Today, I got everything put together for the most part. I got the exhaust manifold secured as well as the turbo. I also bought some water wetter, new ngk plugs, mis. hoses, and new hex head bolts for the valve covers.

Basically the only things left to go on are the intake pipes, charcoal canister, fans and shroud, throttle bracket, coils, and battery. Just waiting for tomorrow so I can double check connections when Ive got better lighting. Other then that, she'll be up and running soon. :icon_bigg

Still cant find the damn camera cable...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Ok I need some :1zhelp: now.

The car is running now, but it wont idle well for shit. I tried to set the timing by ear, but it still wont idle above 600 when fully advanced. It sits on 500. If you rev and let off it wants to die. But if you rev it, it sounds smooth. I've looked for leaks and rechecked the cps gear, so idk. No codes either. I'm getting ahold of a timing light tomorrow, so hopefully that will get this thing rollin.

If anyone has any ideas, by all means, let me know.

Thanks,
Drew

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
or you could have your distributor on the wrong gear tooth..way wrong.

if you missplace two plug wires you will get an idle similar to a muscle car...not brute sounding but a chugging sound because two pistons aren't doing anything. if its not your wires and you are SURE i'd suggest checking that when your cam gears are at TDC the dizzy rotor is pointing at the #1 contact on the cap. do this by holding the cap in line with the dizzy housing exactly how it will screw on and see if the rotor points to the correct spot or close to it. let me know if this doesnt make sence.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Thanks for the response Figit.

Ive done both of the things youve mentioned but with slight variation, as the ignition is set up slightly different on the turbo. There is no dizzy, but rather a set of coils on top of the valve covers. In place of the dizzy is the cam position sensor (cps), and it comparable to a dizzy but with no leads.
Anyway, i checked to make sure i put it in right the first time and rechecked it again today.

Also, before the teardown, the pickup on my cyl #6 HT cable was all corroded, and the car sounded like a muscle car, haha. It no longer does, plus I got new iridium plugs. Im suspecting vacuum leak. Im gonna recheck all that tomorrow as well as check the timing.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
oh i forgot you had a turbo... probably because you were in my thread and its in the N/A section. either way i know what you're talking about.

i gave you that vaccuum diagram right? it will help.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Figit090 said:
oh i forgot you had a turbo... probably because you were in my thread and its in the N/A section. either way i know what you're talking about.

i gave you that vaccuum diagram right? it will help.

Yep. Will help indeed. I think that it may be a loose coupler rather then a loose hose. Regardless, nothing should be overlooked.