Drag Racing Suspension

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Alright, Im gettin the rear end rebuilt since it could no longer take abuse I was throwing at it. High RPM launches + ET Streets = dead LSD. So while Im taking apart the rear end, I was wondering, what would be the best suspension set up for drag racing? Im going to get a set of those traction arms and put those on, what other options are out there? I know Eibach makes drag bags/drag kits and Lakewood makes drag shocks, but those are for domestic cars, anything like that for us? Can I use a setup for a domestic car on the Supra? I know they make kits for GTOs and Cobras who run IRS, or is it too different?? I realize the Supra was not built to be a drag racer, but thats what I use it for (I have a GSX Eclipse for the road course/auto-x), so Im lookin to make it perform better. Any help/links/info would be appreicated. Thanks.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You could check out IJs build.He had a pretty radical rear end/driveshaft setup. Or you could just convert to straight axle.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Without changing the suspension out for a custom 'universal' suspension you could just run the stock springs, maybe with better shocks.

Slow66 has an amazing suspension set up. Check out his build.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks.

Ive been doin research and was just wondering if some of the big HP drag racers would chime in and let me in on their suspension setup.

Converting to a live rear axle would be the best for drag racing, but thats no fun. Plus it eliminates me from every Supra meet competition, so thats no good.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the MKIV guys have no issues running IRS...

get the diff rebuilt properly and you'll be fine. The best think is to get the alingment dialed in and beef up key parts of the suspension...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
you may consider k-sport coilovers. you can adjust the dampen/compression, and huge range of spring rates available. even have softer than stock.

removing the front sway bar will help with weight transfer as well.