DP arrived :D

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ahhhhhhh just got my BIC 3IN DP (with elbow duh) lol...anyways...im so fucking happy, cant wait to bring it to the shop and get it installed...and get my 3inch mendrel exhaust....just need a muffler and quick lol...looking for a sweet ass aggressive racing sound..dunno where to find it.

Anyone know about the Magnaflow Race series http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=795

wonder how it sounds.

ps. how hard is it to install the 3inch dp ??? id like to take a run without my exhaust line for a day :D or should i jsut get the garage to install it along with the exhaust and shit ???

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Man, if you can afford that downpipe, surely you can afford a jack, chocks and tools to accomplish this on your own? It doesn't take much skill to turn a few wrenches. May take a little elbow-grease, liquid wrench and muscle, but that's a hell of alot cheaper than having a shop install a simple bolt-on part.

There's also a satisfaction issue when you get done and take it for that first run..

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ya exactly, i have no problems doing my own work..accually I do all of my own work myself..exept the exhaust they will bend it ;)

The thing is...should of been more specifique, do I need an impact gun to take those 50 year old bolts out, or will I be able with just simple tools ? And if I drop the whole line...is the garage gonna have difficulty knwooing where to pass the exhaust ?? oh and 1 more question. How will they bolt it on the dp...do they have flanges for that ..that they weld on the exhaust

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Taking off the dp and exhaust is easy. Only hard part is putting it back in but since you want to try to run with just the Dp it's no prob. Try it yourself, you'll feel better since you accomplished it yourself. Yes they should have flanges to weld on the 3'in piping.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
taking the stocker off is a bit of a pain. i just cut the whole dp and exhaust off the car in sections then unbolted what was left of the dp and elbow. puting the new unit on is way easier. it helps if you have a frend to help bring it up from below, unless you have a dp like me that can be installed without going under the car :biglaugh:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
took me like 20 min to get all fo the nuts off of my stocker dp exept for ONE. the last freakin nut connected to the cat was solid and got stripped so i had to pull cat and dp off together and take it out with a hacksaw and hammer.

from experience soak hte nuts in pb blaster and wd40 overnight and then go at it. and dont use open end wreches, sockets or ratcheting wrenches from craftsman are such lifesavers.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I just put my BIC DDP on today. Picked it up from HP Freaks, in the morning, spent half the day doing my .57 trim CT, Lexus maf, changing oil and plugs, and installing the DDP. Let me tell you how good of craftsman Randy is... the DDP went right on, tucked up nice and tight to the chassis, and best of all, mated right up to a custom test pipe that was originally made for a 'pos' Megan to fit the "Pain in the ass" Blitz Nur! In a word... FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! I spent the rest of the day on I-5 NB (back to Tacoma) terrorizing hapless motorists :naughty: with the "Sound of Fury"! that is the wide open wastegate. LOL :biglaugh: