Door Removal

BajaMKIII

Aug 27, 2013
Tijuana
Where does the drivers side door wiring harness (MKIII) plug in and what do I need to remove to get to it. I want to take off my door to adjust the hinge angles back in alignment without having to take off the entire front bumper and fender. Does its plug just pop out the body once the door is removed and the sleeve is popped out? Anyone who has replaced a door or removed one let me know, thx.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Going strictly from memory, you can pop off the kick panel (you have to remove the foot rest first, 2 phillips screws, be careful not to strip them) and that will expose everything you need. There are a few plugs but (again, strictly from memory) they just pop right out then you can thread the harness and grommet out of the body and you'll be set.

BajaMKIII

Aug 27, 2013
Tijuana
Thx, it looked like the kick panel required dash removal but if it just pops out after removing the footrest I wont have to gut her too much.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
may i suggest some masking tape to protect the painted edges...

once loosened you don't want heavy parts touching and chipping

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you just need to adjust the door so it closes smoothly just loosen the bolts and pull it up and tighten.

If the hinges are actually bad then you will need something to hold it as there pretty heavy.