Door lock key number postion

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I have a 89 toyota supra turbo and i dont have keys for it and the vin # is NOT AN OPTION.where is the number located so i can give it to the locksmith and cut me a new key?i see a three digit number on the lock cylinder but would the number start with a leter R? HELp

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Their is a three digit number that is printed ontop of the cylinder that starts with a 5 but I don't see the letter R after it.do you think that might be the number.the reason why I'm asking this is cause I wanted to see if I could give them the number without taking the lock out.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I can't say for sure. Is that the passengers side cylinder? I would just take them the cylinder. That way they can test it out.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

If I remember correctly I could see the number from underneath.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
You cannot read the number without taking out the lock for inspection. (even then it can be a pain to read)

And i think its a five digit number.

With that said, my key code does not match the key that is needed. Either the records are wrong or all my locks have been re-keyed.
So i had to physically take the lock cyl, to a locksmith, and they dismantle the lock and make a key to fit.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah its on top of the cylinder. Take the one10mm bolt out and the cylinder should slide out. Twist it around and look on top and it should look something like this ( P1915 ). The locksmith I used wanted the actual cylinder and not just the number. They charge $20 to make a key off the code.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Razoeee are u saying i stole this car??????

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Northwest supra how said the window was broken????????

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I MENT TO SAY that I didn't say the window was broken.I need to make keys so I can turn the ignition and push the button so I can WIND THE WINDOW UP.Plus I can't drive the car if I don't have any keys!!!

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
supraman508;1697591 said:
Razoeee are u saying i stole this car??????

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Northwest supra how said the window was broken????????

See the smile at the end. Means sarcasm.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk