door hinge

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
hey guys, i was wondering if any one ever replaced the door hinges? my driver door is starting to sag down, i took a look and im sure the pins cant be replaced like a chevy would do, was wondering if any one know where i can pick one up or the part number for toyota.

thanks

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
find someone parting out a car, theyre not a high demand item so theyre prolly guna still be there if theyre willing to get rid of em, i truthfully could use a set myself, but tahts another story, also ive thought about knocking out the old pin, finding one just slightly larger and drilling the holes slightly, kinda an upsize but im sure theyres a reason i shouldnt...

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
WOW! that's $55.50 here in NZ. If you have access to a lathe or a mate who does just get some pins made, i made myself some...worked great, just like new!. Else second hand hinges? Imho 39.50$ usd is just too much. If you cant source anything cheaper ill make you some pins out of hardened steel (grade 8 or 10.9 metric depending where you live) for $5 plus shipping although may cost too much sending overseas. I'm not sure but may be worth looking into.

stoopid

Jul 5, 2010
new york
thats funny cause im having the same problem with my driver door, i just bought an '89 turbo where the door sags a little! I had a buddy of mine machine some up for me, i would look into that atleast then u can have a few laying around and u can use a much stronger grade!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
zolpix;1591252 said:
WOW! that's $55.50 here in NZ. If you have access to a lathe or a mate who does just get some pins made, i made myself some...worked great, just like new!. Else second hand hinges? Imho 39.50$ usd is just too much. If you cant source anything cheaper ill make you some pins out of hardened steel (grade 8 or 10.9 metric depending where you live) for $5 plus shipping although may cost too much sending overseas. I'm not sure but may be worth looking into.

It's not the pins, it's the WHOLE hinge... $200 to have hinges that will need to be replaced again in 20 years (or not, mine are fine).

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I was gonna fire up my lathe to fix my pins, and btw you will want to use brass not steel. As the brass will wear instead of the hinge. I was figuring I will make a bunch of them and sell them as I am sure some people would be interested. I have to make a set for my car and my wifes car. I only have a 10" piece of brass bar stock so I will have to get some more if I there are too many people wanting them.

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
From memory the factory pins are steel. They have a brass sleeve between hinge and pin. Not 100% sure though.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They're not like the crap on a 3rd gen f-body, they're quality hinges (and have to be as the doors are stress members in targa cars).

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
I got both driver's side door hinges from Jeff Watson Champion Toyota in Houston for under $40 total. Jeff has left the parts biz, but hopefully, his co-workers are still selling OEM parts at similar discounts off MSRP.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
IDK if anyone has said this yet but if you put some small washers on the lower hinge it'll raise the door up just a tad. Worked for me at least.