Don't be this stupid!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:bsflag:

Yeah, I finally got a chance to use this smilie...............lol

Westonboege is right though, beach sand is the only sand they could have used and not messed the motor up. Sand blasting sand is way to gritty. Beach sand has more of a polishing effect. How could they not know that? Dumbasses.

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
That is just to funny and scary at the sametime. I hope and pray to god that it is complete B.S. and if not I want to meet the guys who did it and ask what the hell they were thinking. I think they have balls for even having the guts to post that story online!!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Powrd1.8T is FAMOUS from that hoax. It's one of the best car forum hoaxes ever pulled.

There was another guy on the overclockers forum who said he wanted to try this new "water cooling" he'd heard about. So he said he sealed up all the holes in his computer case and filled it with water. Said he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot and kept tripping the circuit breakers in his dorm room.

I've seen some stupid shit, but nobody is that stupid, if they are they probably couldn't figure out how to get on the Internet to post it...

Hrm.. Then again there is AOL... ;)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
it worked on my car.. gained 15 hp

I like the one that was on honda tech (i think) the guy with the s2000 (ithink again) put nitrous on his car and didn't feel it hit.. so put a 100 shot nozzle in.. didn't feel a thing, so tried a 150, still didn't feel any hit.. ended up snaping his intake cam or something cause he taped the valve cover over the intake came for the nitrous, was a humorous read.. there was even pictures iirc

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
they had links to some other good ones too like an is300 guy who armor alled his tread on new tires and drove in the rain with traction controll off and wondered if that had anything to do with him wrecking... a mustang guy who apparently works for a ford dealershit who wrecked a customers car and posted the lic. number and what he did...

ross

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
If sand worked so well why would we just not run without an intake? Our cars would run so much better with constand porting and polishing!!

On a side note: The shop I go to only works on imports. One day while i was there the shop owner drove a 1970s Ford truck in. I was wondering why he was doing it. The owner had taken the old motor out, put a Nissan diesel motor in it, and had a W58 transmission. But that's not all... The clutch was held up with a clothes hanger wire. The exhaust was a flexpipe for a downpipe and a flowmaster (nothing after the flowmaster). His motormount was a C-clamp. Lastly, his intake was a PVC pipe, a K&N-type cone filter, and a woman's stocking for a prefilter. Now that's redneck engineering. It was just missing one thing, ducttape.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
casper35404 said:
If sand worked so well why would we just not run without an intake? Our cars would run so much better with constand porting and polishing!!

On a side note: The shop I go to only works on imports. One day while i was there the shop owner drove a 1970s Ford truck in. I was wondering why he was doing it. The owner had taken the old motor out, put a Nissan diesel motor in it, and had a W58 transmission. But that's not all... The clutch was held up with a clothes hanger wire. The exhaust was a flexpipe for a downpipe and a flowmaster (nothing after the flowmaster). His motormount was a C-clamp. Lastly, his intake was a PVC pipe, a K&N-type cone filter, and a woman's stocking for a prefilter. Now that's redneck engineering. It was just missing one thing, ducttape.

hehe.. nothing wrong iwth panty hose air filter :D i had to do it for a little awhile :evil2: really gets sucked in... had 4 zap straps holding it onto the adapter. worked well :) u just haev to buy the ones with a really thick junk section. also put a little tape edge around my adapter so the panty hose wouldnt get cut :)

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah, couldn't be real, the forces of the universe didn't cause the engine to explode, automatically removing some more ultra stupid people from the gene pool.

On a totally unrelated note, the sequencing of the human genome has finally been completed.
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...L16646847_RTRUKOC_0_US-SCIENCE-CHROMOSOME.xml

......ains 3,141 genes (over 1,000 of them newly discovered), and 4,500 new SNPs -- single nucleotide polymorphisms -- which are the variations in human DNA that make people unique.

So the next question is, can the stupidity gene now be manually removed? :D

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
dirgle said:
So the next question is, can the stupidity gene now be manually removed :D

It'd take a genius.:3d_frown:

As for the sand bucket porting method.... This is a proven method. It DOES work! The most important thing though is that it MUST be done on a HIGH DOLLAR, FRESHLY BUILT engine!!! :evil2:

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
damn wannbe honda "tuners" think they know it all man sounds like somthing my friend would do with his friend who is a "honda tuner" he spent a total of 4 grand and his crx wouldnt rev over 3 rpm, and then i guess he said it "blew a head gasket" then he buys another honda and the story just gets worse
"you cant fix stupid"
but the story does seem fake cause yes sand does not compress