domestic beating

6th gear

Jan 22, 2010
GA
natedogr;1496863 said:
the cobra is a '97 so its closer to 300hp i think. beating any of these cars is sweet to me right now considering i'd get beat by pretty much anything when i was NA haha.

a 97 cobra is nowhere near 300.It dynos stock around 219 to the rear tires.How do i know?my buddie justin owns the fastest 2valve mustang in the south-east.You did race some verry good cars in power to wheight ratio of the supras class.And good kills.Just remeber when you race cobras unless you wanna loose only race 1st year.And when it comes to camaros and firebirds run the ones with squared off headlights.They are the LT1s and LT4s and you should have no problem keeping up with them.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
6th gear;1497270 said:
a 97 cobra is nowhere near 300.It dynos stock around 219 to the rear tires.How do i know?my buddie justin owns the fastest 2valve mustang in the south-east.You did race some verry good cars in power to wheight ratio of the supras class.And good kills.Just remeber when you race cobras unless you wanna loose only race 1st year.And when it comes to camaros and firebirds run the ones with squared off headlights.They are the LT1s and LT4s and you should have no problem keeping up with them.

You're dead wrong on every part of this post I can understand. Right off the bat, 305/300 stock. Dyno anywhere between 250 and 265rwhp. Mine made 248 bone stock with a misfire and so much carbon build up I was smoking like a diesel. I'm calling BS on your "buddie" Justin, too. Post proof. The first couple years (the 5.0 cars, '93-95) you should be able to beat without too much trouble, 3-3500lbs ~200whp. The 4V mod cars are a lot faster stock... If your buddy can drive, low 13's high 12s car with just gears and a tire.

I'm 100% certain this already happened. Not sure if my post got deleted or what, but I did and still do call BS on this whole thread.