dome lamps dont come on

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i was wiring an led bar for a footwell light and must have messed something up because the footwell light wont light up(stock one) nor will the dome lights when the door is opened. the dinger, courtesy light in the door, and the dash door open warning light still come on though. there was another thread on this but he got no answer.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
search for integration relay...i found a writeup on supras.com for it...theres a resistor that goes bad. the lights in the doors work and the domes work when pressing the button and the door open indicator works as well...but no dome lights.

i took mine apart and found the relay was a little brown. got one at the junk yard for free and they work great now.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
also its behind the fuse panel. its a square box and says integration. pull the foot rest off, pop the kick panel off. theres a 10mm nut at the bottom of the fuse panel (blue one) pull it back a little and pop the box off. you can take the box into radio shack and they can match up the resistor for you if you have a soldering iron and feel like fixing it yourself

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
would the resistor being blown drain my battery? when my car sits now it drains the battery completely

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
only one way to find out, pop the box out and leave it overnight. reinstall it and try to start the car.

i doubt a bad resistor would drain the battery. maybe something with the ignition still feeding power to something but not the rest...could be a stuck relay sometimes too.

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
my car is very unhappy with the cold weather, it doesnt want to idle and the battery keeps going dead (its less than a year old)

smokemkevo

May 28, 2009
Same things goin on with mine, couldnt find anything wats makin it go dead, bought a new battery n alternator is good, could b sumthing simple, that i forgot. but imma check n this relay n see wat happens.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
9 times out of 10 it's galvanic corrosion between the aluminium rivets and the brass terminals inside the Dome light assembly, squash the rivets down a bit with a punch or a bolt and it's good for another 15 years :)