Doesn't seem to be all it should be

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
New Birgher Vid: http://media.putfile.com/0-60-cum
Is it normal for the 1990 na to be this slow? I know my shifting and launch could have been a lot better but what is the average 0-60 times for the NA? I counted almost 10 seconds, wich is as slow as the oldsmobile.

The only things I have are exhaust with no cat and new pipeing and generic cone intake. Seems like it should be a little quicker, maybe not.

Last edited:

Mob

May 17, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
Welcome to the world of a n/a 3500+lb car. I thought we talked about that? Also, make sure to check out the meet on the 21st bud.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
The stock 0-60 is what, 8.1sec? And you counted what, 10sec? And you have what, 16year old car? And you have what 150whp? And you have what, 3500+lbs? ;)

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Mob said:
Welcome to the world of a n/a 3500+lb car. I thought we talked about that? Also, make sure to check out the meet on the 21st bud.

Yeaah, I guess your right i just thought 8.5 sec wouild be possible. Too bad they don't make many practical performance parts for the GE. Thinking about it, i just might have to do a swap or just ditch the car for another one no matter how bad that sounds..

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
They make a fantastic performance part for a GE! It's called a Turbo!

If your motor is in good shape, go NA-T
If not, rebuild and go NA-T, or drop in a 7MGTE

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Jaguar_5 said:
They make a fantastic performance part for a GE! It's called a Turbo!

If your motor is in good shape, go NA-T
If not, rebuild and go NA-T, or drop in a 7MGTE

Ok...:nono:
I don't know about you but i don't exactly have the money to just drop a turbo motor in there right now.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
OfnaRcR4 said:
Ok...:nono:
I don't know about you but i don't exactly have the money to just drop a turbo motor in there right now.

I'm not made of money either, but over time I've saved up and i'm nearing completion of rebuilding a 7MGTE

You were the one complaining about how slow your car is!

Electric S

Suprattitude
Jan 22, 2006
Oss, Netherlands
Check this movie to see how slow my '88 Supra was
The car was bone stock @ that time

I've done a 7M-GTE swap a year ago
Do it if you can afford it... you won't regret it!!

Btw: The vid is pretty dark!
You may want to adjust the brightness of your monitor

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
The videos not the best, and i can't see the speedo.

10 seconds is slow though. Mine was doing 7-8 ish. I did have a little bit more done, but not too much more.

Get it compression checked and report back here.

AND--

If you dont think your cars running right, do you think you should be flooring it? :aigo:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Jaguar_5 said:
I'm not made of money either, but over time I've saved up and i'm nearing completion of rebuilding a 7MGTE

You were the one complaining about how slow your car is!
i dropped a 7m-gte, re-built the head, got a whole list of parts as well and installed it in my car when i was 17 working for 6.25 an hour and was in highschool :dunno: just saying... it can be done

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
89jdm7m said:
i dropped a 7m-gte, re-built the head, got a whole list of parts as well and installed it in my car when i was 17 working for 6.25 an hour and was in highschool :dunno: just saying... it can be done
So your parents pay insurance and college right?

Anyway, what should i do to make sure it is running right. What are some little things to replace to help it run better. It seems to be running fine but i donno. Check engine light is on "from the motor swap" but i am thinking that its on from a loose sensor or something. I donno, check the origional post for a brighter vid.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I suggest searching around on here, and doing lots more reading here and www.cygnusx1.net

Check your error codes, solve them

Check and solve any vacuum leaks

Check your compression, if you can, do a leak down test

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I pulled a code 52, knock sensor

52 Knock Sensor Signal
Diagnosis
Open or short circuit in knock sensor signal.
Trouble Area
Knock sensor circuit
Knock sensor
ECU

This bad, or will this slow it down?

Last edited:

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Alright thats a good thing and a bad thing. Good because now i know it can be quicker but bad because code 52 seems to be pissing a lot of people off. It would be nice if the sensor is just got disconnected and i can just plug it back in.
Edit, what are these unplugged things alla bout?
dscf6609ek8.jpg

dscf6610kn4.jpg

Also what is the metal thing in the second pic, its just kind of hanging there.

Last edited: