Does this driveshaft look too short?

May 17, 2016
Melbourne, FL
I recently replaced my 2 piece driveshaft with a 1 piece steel driveshaft. Afterwards I noticed a vibration between 50 and 60mph. The driveshaft came with a new yoke, new u-joints, and should have already been balanced.
I took the car to my mechanic and he said he couldn't find anything else wrong with the drive-train other than the driveshaft appeared to be too short. So for those of you who have done this before, does this photo of the yoke look normal or not?

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Can you not measure your old driveshaft and compare the two? My driveshaft is out of my car right now so I can't tell. I can measure my one piece driveshaft for you though and let you know what mine is, if it will help you.

May 17, 2016
Melbourne, FL
suprahero;2085709 said:
Can you not measure your old driveshaft and compare the two? My driveshaft is out of my car right now so I can't tell. I can measure my one piece driveshaft for you though and let you know what mine is, if it will help you.
Old one was a 2 piece so they wouldn't be exactly the same. Besides it was trashed the day after I swapped it.
If you have an N/A manual trans then it would be interesting to compare measurements. I plan I taking measurements on Monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk