Does something clip on to here?

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Is something suppose to clip onto those two slots on the passenger side of the dash? It looks like there's something that's suppose to go there like an emblem or something but I've never seen anything there before on other Supras. If not does it have some sort of purpose? Its just been bugging me for awhile. Yes I know my dash is dirty, shes been sitting for awhile undergoing cancer surgery :nono:
24y0ajn.jpg

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
That's just a hole for the internal temp sensor which is mounted behind the dash there.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, clean it out every once in a while as it sucks air in to get the ambient temp in the cabin, sucking in tons of dust in the process...

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Poodles;1255959 said:
Yep, clean it out every once in a while as it sucks air in to get the ambient temp in the cabin, sucking in tons of dust in the process...

Cripes that thing is likely chalk full, I doubt the previous owner or his father were smart enough to find out what it was or to clean it judging by what I've been putting up with for the rest of the car :nono:

Whats the best way to go about it? pop the cover off? or just a can of compressed air?