• No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Does karma work? My problem with karma is that it takes forever. Usually takes a year to ten years before something bad happens to the other guy. It's also unbalanced. If the guy did twenty wrong things to twenty people, and one bad thing happens to him, that's supposed to make up for all the bad things. Shouldn't twenty bad things happen one after another plus a few more for interest?

L

lanky189

Karma, Destiny, Fate... it's all tied together.

Karma works. Is it fair? Well...depends who's eyes you look through, the victim now, or the victim later.

I've said it before.. I'll say it again.
Kharmic retribution is a bitch.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You bet it works. I've seen plenty of examples.

Think about this.

Two guys, exactly the same environment. One is nice to everyone he meets, the other is a jerk. If they both deal with the same number of people in the course of a year, the jerk will get treated badly more often by more of the people he deals with.

Increase this to the evil dictator and the benevolent priest. Which one do you suppose is more likely to be overthrown and lynched - literally?

Given the fact that the world isn't obviously good or evil, I'd say there is a relative balance.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Karma's a bitch, and usually friends with your wife. :p

Karma is always balanced. It's like a pendulum. The bigger and more selfish acts an individual commits, and the longer he does them for personal gain. The greater and more destructive and drawn out the down swing will be. The longer and individual lives the high life by stepping on others, the longer the opposite action will be in later life. It can work the other way too. But patience is key if you expect immediate gain from acts committed against you the gain will be just as small and short. But if you patiently endure things committed you the up swing will be just as great. Unfortunately I'm not a patient man. And of course this is just a personal philosophy, and open to individual interpretation.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
well i personally believe in a "karma" type of word. not necciarily the way karma plays out but that for every bad there is a good. cause and reaction type of thing.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
karma is there, but it doesn't alwasy seem balanced because human nature is to focus on the negative, and not the good. Many people believe it their inherent right to have things go right and therefore believe it perfectly natural and not uncommon for things to happen in a good light. Then when something bad happens, they scream and bitch about how nothing ever good happens to them and how Mr Murphy (from Murphy's Law) is always paying them a visit.....

but Karma does work. People just ignore it.

L

lanky189

That was stupid siman. Not to start a flame, but that was just stupid.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
actually, i was commenting on the fact that people have good happen to them all the time (the positive side of karma) but people do not notice it because they are arrogant enough to think that is their birthright, and mainly focus on the negative. While the equation IS balanced, human perception skews the interpretation.

THAT is what I meant. I can define all you said in one word: Moronic.

Last edited:

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
What goes around comes around eventually. Just do the right thing man. If someone does you wrong, it'll catch up to them eventually.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Karma is mental masturbation. It makes you feel good believing in it, when you get fucked over. Lots of bad people live very happy long lives, and lots of good people suffer horrendously for no reason at all.

There is no magic force that keeps track of all this crap, unless you believe in easter bunnies and Santa Clause.

Reality hurts, so whatever helps you to get through the day, I guess.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I don't really believe in this sort of thing. I am nice to most people and I get shit on all the time. My time for payback is long overdue. If I want something decent to happen, I have to work hard to MAKE it happen. Good things don't just *happen* for me.

L

lanky189

hey.. csr.. i'm revoking your thread starting priveleges....

you suck

and welcome back btw... sucker.

lol...