Does it exist?

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
As most if not all of you know, Toyota offered a two-tone from factory paint job until the end of '87 (I think it was)
But what I'm curious, is did they offer the dark blue on light blue two-tone with a targa top?

So this, but with a targa top

cU66hZS.png

If someone can get me photo proof of one (which yes, I know it could just be aftermarketed into a targa top, but I trust you guys) I'll probably try to sell off my white supra before I go into boot camp and then while I'm in try to find one of those with a targa.

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Gmelo30;2001194 said:
There's one for sale on my local craigslist. It's an 88 with 220k and the guys asking a grand for it. He only has one pic of it, but it looks to be a targa.

Sadly I cannot be in the market for one for about four months :(
I head to boot camp in three months, then it's eight weeks until I'm out of there and could purchase one.

Could I get a link though? Just in case he doesn't sell it.

Silver MK3;2001208 said:
I'm pretty sure JDMA70's car is a targa. I believe I've seen a picture of his dash from above the car so it would have to be.

It is :) I'm talking to him on facebook right now about it

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Mine is an 87 that was originally that color scheme with a targa. The front bumper and hood are currently spray bombed to match the top color. When I finally get it repainted I'm planning on getting the whole car painted the darker blue (8E3).

Also, 87 and 88 are slightly different. The bottom half of the 87 is a tiny bit darker. (8D7 for 87, 8D8 for 88).