does anyone make CF doors?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I'd paint CF also.

I'm not doing any math here, but adding structuring (roll cage) to offset what you're taking off is probably gonna net you the same weight but cost a lot of money to look worse.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Id paint cf aswell

Just dont take the targa off. Id buy with my targa car if i had the cash. I havent taken the targa off in almost a year. My car isnt very wobbley with it off tho either.

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
barkz;1640484 said:
^ hope thats a joke...

its such a waste of money to paint a hood that costed $600 to make it look like a factory hood again IMO. dang if i spent $600 on a hood, i want people to know dangit! or any other panel for that matter. otherwise, youre just buying it for like 5-15 pounds weight reduction and your own knowledge. sorry but i dont think i will ever have enough money to waste on painting carbon fiber. ok and i have to say it, ...u have racing stripes and youre giving ME crap? LMAO

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
geopomoco;1640496 said:
its such a waste of money to paint a hood that costed $600 to make it look like a factory hood again IMO. dang if i spent $600 on a hood, i want people to know dangit! or any other panel for that matter. otherwise, youre just buying it for like 5-15 pounds weight reduction and your own knowledge. sorry but i dont think i will ever have enough money to waste on painting carbon fiber. ok and i have to say it, ...u have racing stripes and youre giving ME crap? LMAO

Ive got a cf hood and I plan on getting a cf lip. Im leaving those unpainted, but there comes a point where there is too much cf. If i had hood, lip, doors, hatch, roof, wheels, moldings, fenders, bumpers I would have to paint it. That would just look stupid unpainted. If your worried about people not knowing how baller you are, I'll leave you with the advice I was given by my friend many many years ago. "Real ballers paint their cf" If youve spent $3000 dollars on a set of doors, Im sure you could dig deep in your pockets and spend a couple hundred bucks (at the most) for paint on those doors. Personally I'd be much more impressed with someone who painted all their CF. On that note I guess I dont have a vagina so Im out of the demographic that your trying to impress.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
go buy a civic and gtfo, you just admitted you are doing this purely so ppl think you are "balling"....and yes i have stripes and am giving you shit. i didnt put them there, the PO did. and unlike you i will be dropping money on paint. when its not winter... let me guess, 16-18 years old, in high school, with a supra(that will be blown up in a month), still thinks Fast and Furious deserves an Oscar and has to impress all the jailbait girls with WICKED AWESOME COOL SWEET, carbon fiber... your ingorance hurts my head...stfu

got more: and if you really want to drop $600 for weight reduction thinking it will help you GO WICKED SUPER FAST, or DRIFT(which im sure you think you are a pro at) then maybe you should rethink that and put money into your motor. but people wont see that so nvm, just get the LOUDEST bov you can, hell mount your IC outside your bumper...did you get an aftermarket shift knob? i guess youll have to put a 2 foot extension on it so you can put it out the roof so everyone can see that too and think you are a baller...i could keep dragging this out but ive done more than i wanted already lol. but seriously sell your supra to someone that deserves it and go stick a giant wing on a civic...

lol more: i even bothered to go to your profile, nice fuckin PRIMER EVO bumper man. i can see why you dont wanna paint CF, you cant even get your ebay bumper painted...everyone knows, PRIMER=PIMP! lol

i think rant is over... well see

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
barkz;1640528 said:
go buy a civic and gtfo, you just admitted you are doing this purely so ppl think you are "balling"....and yes i have stripes and am giving you shit. i didnt put them there, the PO did. and unlike you i will be dropping money on paint. when its not winter... let me guess, 16-18 years old, in high school, with a supra(that will be blown up in a month), still thinks Fast and Furious deserves an Oscar and has to impress all the jailbait girls with WICKED AWESOME COOL SWEET, carbon fiber... your ingorance hurts my head...stfu

got more: and if you really want to drop $600 for weight reduction thinking it will help you GO WICKED SUPER FAST, or DRIFT(which im sure you think you are a pro at) then maybe you should rethink that and put money into your motor. but people wont see that so nvm, just get the LOUDEST bov you can, hell mount your IC outside your bumper...did you get an aftermarket shift knob? i guess youll have to put a 2 foot extension on it so you can put it out the roof so everyone can see that too and think you are a baller...i could keep dragging this out but ive done more than i wanted already lol. but seriously sell your supra to someone that deserves it and go stick a giant wing on a civic...

lol more: i even bothered to go to your profile, nice fuckin PRIMER EVO bumper man. everyone knows, PRIMER=PIMP! lol

While I agree with the above sentiments to a degree it's time to tone it down a notch or 10....

This ISN'T SF you WILL be civil to each other.

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
its ok it doesnt bother me cuz i dont have dodge neon racing stripes. anyways, girls dont know or usually care about carbon fiber. what the heck are u guys talking about? "oooh look at your carbon fiber!!" lol i mean i have only been with a couple girls but i gotta tell ya, i have never heard that before. maybe im hanging out with the wrong girls? haha i just dont see the point in painting over something that costs so much money. the main reason is i hate how heavy and (sometimes) over structured factory body panels can be, obviously yes, but on a side note, like i say, if i spent $600 on even just a hood, im not going to paint it. just my .02 . and i should have taken more pics of the "before" on my supra. the reason it is primered is because my car was dented EVERYWHERE and i got it all fixed and got the bumper PRIMED and ready to be painted(sorry i dont spray paint). forgive me for not painting it before the dents? and other than the lightwheight flywheel i have the same mods as u barkz, so....? i dont get it. lol and the honda-hating, i know everyone does it, and i used to, AND THIS IS GOING OFF TOPIC, but why? when u can make hundreds of hp out of them? anyways we shouldnt start up on this, becuase i will end up jacking my own thread!!!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

and its a demon bumper not a evo. the demon is an exact knockoff of the do-luck bumper, but i guess jdm sucks?

p.s.s.- i put a new pic of the bumper up on my avatar, i guess you have to prime stuff before you paint it? haha whooda thunk it?

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
geopomoco;1640580 said:
its ok it doesnt bother me cuz i dont have dodge neon racing stripes. anyways, girls dont know or usually care about carbon fiber. what the heck are u guys talking about? "oooh look at your carbon fiber!!" lol i mean i have only been with a couple girls but i gotta tell ya, i have never heard that before. maybe im hanging out with the wrong girls? haha i just dont see the point in painting over something that costs so much money. the main reason is i hate how heavy and (sometimes) over structured factory body panels can be, obviously yes, but on a side note, like i say, if i spent $600 on even just a hood, im not going to paint it. just my .02 . and i should have taken more pics of the "before" on my supra. the reason it is primered is because my car was dented EVERYWHERE and i got it all fixed and got the bumper PRIMED and ready to be painted(sorry i dont spray paint). forgive me for not painting it before the dents? and other than the lightwheight flywheel i have the same mods as u barkz, so....? i dont get it. lol and the honda-hating, i know everyone does it, and i used to, AND THIS IS GOING OFF TOPIC, but why? when u can make hundreds of hp out of them? anyways we shouldnt start up on this, becuase i will end up jacking my own thread!!!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

and its a demon bumper not a evo. the demon is an exact knockoff of the do-luck bumper, but i guess jdm sucks?

p.s.s.- i put a new pic of the bumper up on my avatar, i guess you have to prime stuff before you paint it? haha whooda thunk it?

My warning was for ALL involved knock off the bullshit :aigo:

Your SIG is some of the aforementioned bullshit, drop it.

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
Spanish Surprise;1640633 said:
Are you originally from Arkansas?

no, lol why? its possible u have seen my car out there before with the previous owner, i had to drive almost to west virginia already to get it, who knows where its been. it used to have pretty bad left rear quarter panel damage, i have some pics before we fixed it in my project thread