Does anyone know how to

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
lewis15498;1472728 said:
Is it just the threads on the nut or is the shaft threads damaged too?

The threads on the shaft are damaged.I am planing on taking it to drift motion for the 57 trim upgrade i really don't wanna pay an extra 100 bucks for another core.I emailed drift motion and they told me that i would have to send them the the unit and they would let me know what they can do.So i guess i am just gonna drive over there.Thanks for the reply's guys.

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
I have a camera phone so it looks worst than what it really is.U cant really tell its to fuzzy.I ll see if i can borrow one of my friends camera.

2jz88mk3

Dec 31, 2008
GVRA
jagpride;1473480 said:
The threads on the shaft are damaged.I am planing on taking it to drift motion for the 57 trim upgrade i really don't wanna pay an extra 100 bucks for another core.I emailed drift motion and they told me that i would have to send them the the unit and they would let me know what they can do.So i guess i am just gonna drive over there.Thanks for the reply's guys.

The answer you're looking for:

"Turbine shaft threads are rolled instead of cut to maintain material grain structure, which makes the threads stronger. When threads are cut, the grain is interrupted and the shaft is weakened."

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
So i guess its FUDGEd!!!!well none the less i am gonna send the entire turbo to driftmotion and see if they can give me at least a discount towards a 57 trim turbo.thanks for the reply's guys it helped out alot.