Does anyone in Northern VA know how to tune MAP ECU 2 for 7M-GTE?

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Hey everyone,

Very long time, no post... I apologize... Life has been busy and the supra has taken a back seat up until now...

Unfortunately, this past Saturday (12/19) my long standing mechanic / friend passed away in a car accident up in MD. He had completed a full engine tear down / racing rebuild of my car, however he was never able to finish tuning the MAP ECU 2. The unit is installed (wiring probably needs to be checked and confirmed), however for some reason he couldn't get it to keep the tune.

I just had the car flat-bedded back to me today... so it's sitting dead in my garage. It'll crank, but it won't catch (or it lopes and dies).

Does anyone in the Northern VA area have direct experience with, or know someone who has experience tuning the MAP ECU 2 on the 7M?

I have an AEM V2 stand-alone as a backup, however I'd prefer to stick with the MAP ECU and sell the stand alone; since I have an auto tranny i would require a SupraStick or similar in addition to the stand alone, and I have been told I'd lose TEMS functionality as well with a stand alone (not sure if this is true).

I appreciate any help!

James

Last edited:

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
FYI - Relevant list of things done:

Brian Crower 272 Cams
CP Carillo Pistons
Brian Crower Rods
Fidanza adjustable Cam Gears
HKS Metal Stopper Headgasket
Greddy Timing Belt
ARP Head and Main Studs / bolts

AEM UEGO Wideband

Removed KVM (since MAP ECU should be able use Manifold Absolute Pressure).

Last edited: