Does anyone have pics of a Flat Black , blacked out supra?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Im curious how a blacked out supra would look in Flat black. I've seen a few cars and them look pretty mean like this. Anyone have pics of a supra?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
flat black = wack. sorry. my buddy used to have a flat back mk3 and it seriously looks ugly like a honda with primer gray.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Heres a couple pics of flat black ferraris
77441d1206640420-flat-black-ferrari-430-flat-black-ferrari-1.jpg

3258840104_f588cced3a.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Haha...I think it would be a real bitch and very expensive to strip and repaint a ferrari...and sad after all of the work they do checking the paint and fit/finish of those cars in the factory.
I'd bet vinyl.

I DO have a magazine where they wrote an article about rattle can flat-black painting a WRX...it was sad to see them sand up a practically brand-new pretty blue sube, rip off the airplane wing and go at it with rattle cans. Turned out allright, and proved their point; but IMO it would look awful on a supra unless done as nicely as that ferrari. Even then...that's a ferrari, with very different body lines. The look of a supra in flat black...to me...seems like it would look cheap. You'd have to keep it really clean and have nice rims, ride height, and an otherwise nice car to pull it off without looking like you're driving a work in progress....and forgot to budget for your color coat.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That's the problem, flat finishes are a BITCH to keep clean. Even worse, if it's paint you can't wax it to protect it so it's going to age very fast.

In the end, I'd use vinyl on a car. On a motorcycle it's easy to pull the parts and just repaint it when it starts looking crappy.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Poodles;1510980 said:
That's the problem, flat finishes are a BITCH to keep clean. Even worse, if it's paint you can't wax it to protect it so it's going to age very fast.

In the end, I'd use vinyl on a car. On a motorcycle it's easy to pull the parts and just repaint it when it starts looking crappy.

Allot of my muscle-car buddies use Baby oil on the paint to clean it and it worked very well IMO. But once you get a scratch... your F'ed!

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
they make flat clear coats guys... and a matte and a satin. All depends on the line of paints used to get the finished look.

nsjoel808

Aug 22, 2009
Hawaii
ya im torn between satin black and gloss. I live in hawaii, my car sits in the rain without a garage daily, and I dont have time to wash my car every other day, but Black is the only color for me. so I am looking for a paint that stays clean and is as blacker than black, I have done a lot of research and have found that most satin paint jobs don't last and are hard to clean except for one, look up john deere blitz black. It is made for tractors so its really tough, supposedly has an oily finish that repels dirt and still has a satin sheen to it. Only problem is u cant paint over this stuff, so unless u want to strip it, its gonna stay satin black forever.
I really want to see a nicely painted satin black (not rattle can) mk3 before I commit to it, so if any1 has pics lmk

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Poodles;1510980 said:

That's if u don't use flat clear.

manzai

2 supras and counting!
Jul 20, 2006
North Vancouver
I work at a body shop, we'd just paint it black and use matte clear. No biggie. I've done a few motorcycle pieces for people. We use Sikkens. There's a local guy" arrizle" who had a flat black 92 for a while. . .