SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
lppro;1192151 said:
my friend jerry from boost lab slides his mk3
this is the only pic i can find right now
sm_photo_missing.jpg

where the hell do you guys drift in florida? i checked out that website its pretty cool i might sign up, even tho i dont drift 99% of the time.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I never said I don't slide around every so often. That's how I kill off my rear tires. ;)

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
IJ.;1188237 said:
And just how did that work?
well i ended up needing to make a u turn in the rain at an intersection with a rather large island between the the traffic going my way and the oncoming traffic i hit the brakes to slow down cause the light to turn was red
when i hit the brakes the car just decided to slide forward and since i was moving at a considerable rate and there was oncoming traffic
i simply initiated a drift to turn the car around
what was cool about it was the fact that there wasnt enough space to fit the car if it was going strait in the lane (the cars were too close) but because i was sideways it fit and the person behind me slowed down in time for me to straiten back out
thats one way that drifting has saved my life

2_TonedMKIII

Rarety
Jul 28, 2006
Orlando, Fl
SupaMan;1192520 said:
where the hell do you guys drift in florida? i checked out that website its pretty cool i might sign up, even tho i dont drift 99% of the time.

If you want to look for info on drifting in Florida go to Floridadrift.com. There are events all over including once a month drift practices in both Orlando (I'm there every month supporting my friend) and in the Tampa area.

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
IJ.;1193255 said:
And driving to the conditions wasn't an option?..... :nono:

You're trying to tell us the impact would have killed you?

yea my tires were a bit worn and it had just started to rain (bad mix i know) but traffic was already moving and if i wouldve gotten hit i really would have been game over

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
taka21;1193238 said:
well i ended up needing to make a u turn in the rain at an intersection with a rather large island between the the traffic going my way and the oncoming traffic i hit the brakes to slow down cause the light to turn was red
when i hit the brakes the car just decided to slide forward and since i was moving at a considerable rate and there was oncoming traffic
i simply initiated a drift to turn the car around
what was cool about it was the fact that there wasnt enough space to fit the car if it was going strait in the lane (the cars were too close) but because i was sideways it fit and the person behind me slowed down in time for me to straiten back out
thats one way that drifting has saved my life

Sooo, basically you didn't drive according to the conditions, THEN you put everyone else's well being/safety at risk. Cool. :nono:

And Ian, every time I see a pic of your wrecked Z car, it sends chills up my spine. :(

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
As you can see from the thread about the 17y.o. he sounds like he was doing fine but it really dosen't take much to change you and your familys life forever. Please be safe.
I love drifting, road racing, drags and whatnot, but keep it on the track or safe areas.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
soundwave2000;1191843 said:
not yet it isnt, thats just a rattle can special to see if it would work on a mkiii, Im gonna fix it up right as soon as I can buy the stuff to do it.

Funny, I did this awhile back on Forza 2.

And PS I drift my mk3!
p1194737_1.jpg

In the video games...

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
when i drive my car, i maintain a constant drift, especially around other vehicles, so that should anything unpredictable happen, i know i will be in complete control