Dodge egineers need to be SHOT!!!!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
The hell? Under the intake? It's on TOP of the back side of the motor? Who thought that was a good idea??? Hmm... I guess it leaves room for exhaust, without putting the starter below the oil pan so you can get good clearance, but...

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
yep, northstars in caddy are same thing
cadillac%20starter%20location.JPG

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
^I call it, money in the bank.

There are tricks to every job, once you figure it out its usually cake the third or fourth time. Those starters pay an easy 4-5 hrs, and it can be done in about an hour (toyota ones, no clue about caddy). Like i said, money in the bank.

THANK YOU ENGINEERS, very few customers are willing to tackle starters that cant even be seen.

If you think that job sucks, try a t-case cover on a 4wd, 1st gen highlander. It can be done with the engine and trans in the car. Anyone tried to tackle one?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Huh... can't say I've ever seen that. But I think I've worked on maybe 2 v8's in my entire life. I've learned to first look up and do homework on a potential job, and potential headaches to avoid... hasn't really saved me any yet, but I suspect it will someday. Like GI Joe taught us, "knowing is half the battle". ;)

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the thing is most new cars arnt designed to be repaired. just replaced.

you suspose to get a new car on lease, and when it breaks down, you trade it on on a new one.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bioskyline;1749096 said:
the thing is most new cars arnt designed to be repaired. just replaced.

you suspose to get a new car on lease, and when it breaks down, you trade it on on a new one.

The good thing is, most of them are now build to last 100K miles. The issue, is that they don't last much longer. Good example is a brake job. Used to be fairly often and you just swapped the pads and maybe cut the rotors. Now they last a hell of a lot longer, but you have to replace the pads AND the rotors.