Do you want Energy Suspension Poly Bushings? READ HERE.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Hell yes! A big THANK YOU to Suprageezer for his amazing contribution to this! :D

As a community, we're getting more and more toys to drain our wallets! :biglaugh:

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
My car is in their shop, so now it's wait and see. They aern't made yet, and the way I look at things is when they call me and say your car is done and it's Energy Bushed, then it's time to celebrate. What they decide to make is entirely up to them but like all of us here I am hoping big time it's a complete set of bushings for an MkIII.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I have been waiting for years, while looking at the options out there, and holding off, because of the sometimes insane prices on the available stuff... (Keep in mind, I'm a guy who does not mind spending the money on what works, but only when it's really needed, and the stock bushings did not suck on my car that bad, so they never were replaced because the cost was too high.)

SO, if/when the full set of bushings is available for under 300.00, I'm going to buying it ASAP.

Upper/Lower Control arm bushings.
Rear link bushings.
Subframe bushings.
Engine/trans bushings. (Optional, but it would be nice to have that option.)
Steering rack bushing. (I need them now actually, mine are shot.)

Most of us have replaced the sway bars with larger, A/M ones, so the bushings for that are of no use to me.

I have the cast stainless trailing arms too, so don't really need a bushing for that either. :)

But a full set for under 300.00 that would hit the basics, and provide the steering rack, and possibly subframe bushings? That would be awesome, and a good deal. (For everyone.)

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Adjuster, I would imagine if while my car is there folks write them and ask them if they make all the various bushings you listed maybe they'll go for it and make them all, just a DREAM. Maybe we can get Suprabad to rub the heck out of that rabbits foot, it seemed to work so far LOL. The reason I am so for this is from past experience with poly bushings, once I installed them along with all my new mechincal parts they seemed to out last the vehicles. I currently have a complete PST poly front suspension rebuild kit with sway bars on my dodge van and you can not believe how positive the steering is now, especially on dirt roads towing my travel trailer. Even though I have the front end raised up and huge goodyear wrangler MT 31X10.50R15LT's all the way around the alignment stays where it's supposed to. In the past Ive had the same poly/sway bar setups on my 68 dodge A100 van, 68 dodge chager, 70 dodge coronet 440, 70 ford F100 PU, 78 Suburban, 78 fiat 124 spider. Some bushings I made myself from machinable poly cause back in the day no one made them.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Oh, I like the poly bushings, no question there. (But I was not willing to pay the premium for them.)

If/When these are either a full kit for less than 300, or setup so they can be purchased as you want them for say 150 to 200 for the upper/lower bushings, steering rack bushing and perhaps the rear subframe bushings, then I'll upgrade the 88.

I can only imagine how good the Supra would handle with the better bushings providing better alignment geometry throughout the range of use. (Under loads especially.)

With the brakes, and power this car is capable of, the better/tighter suspension would be awesome. (And when they sell the kit, I'll buy it. :) )

One other thing I think they sell, but not as an option for this car is 1" thick rings to raise up the suspension.

Those of us who are running non-coilover struts, but would like a higher ride height could use them to bring up the cars 1". Either ones that go between the springs and the perch, or between the stut caps and the towers. (That would be better actually. As long as the TEMS stuff still fits, which it should with just a 1" spacer in there. So a ring with three holes for the strut cap bolts to go up through.) Even 3/4" would be better than where my car is now on the lowering springs from B&G. (About the same ride height as the other progressive wound springs for this car.)

Anyone else like to raise up the Supra? I've actually thought about raising up the attachment point on the lower control arms too. Either way, it's going to be more work than coil-overs.. but I maintain the TEMS function which I like.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Adjuster draw me a pic and send, sounds like something I could make from a poly sheet of what ever thickness and durometer you'd need. I too Love my TEMS, the day die I'm gonna be bummed, but so far at 192k miles they seem to fuction perfectly, I must switch mine at least ten times a day.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm going to fire off an email to Mike asking about steering rack bushings, and see if I can get an idea of the direction they are going.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Nice to see that there was some progress. I live in Irvine which is about 10 miles from Energy and even closer to their competitor company in Costa Mesa, CA so if for whatever reason Geezer is unable to do, hit me up on PM and I can be there in 20 minutes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Poly steering rack bushings would never wear out as the main cause I've seen is they get drenched in oil...

Can't wait, I don't need the bushings that bad (well, I probably won't say that after the poly ones are installed), but I will most definately buy them and take over the garage for a good weekend of installing...

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
OKAY here's the latest. I got a call from Energy today. It's almost done. They will have the upper and lower front and rear A-Arm bushings only. They said that because they would have had to drop the front and rear sub frames they would not be able to do the sub frames no would they be doing the rack bushings. So at least it sounds like were going to end up with a good set of a arm busings and that's it. Istill stoked and they told me I'm going to be very happy with the outcome. I'll post up again after I pick it up sometime later this week.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
damn thats not what I wanted to hear but thats better than nothing.I mean if these sell for cheap I could get a set of these,buy a set up sub frame bushings from somone esle and than any other lil bushings I need I could just get new from toyota.That should be cheaper than buying a whole set for 650$