Do you guys feel weird when...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I remember ordering some JZ parts way back when.

"I need a serpentine belt for a 94 Supra Twin Turbo."

The guy literally jumped across the counter to look out the window.

"Relax, I just have the motor"

He looked so dissappointed when he saw the MKIII.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
annoyingrob;1017837 said:
I remember ordering some JZ parts way back when.

"I need a serpentine belt for a 94 Supra Twin Turbo."

The guy literally jumped across the counter to look out the window.

"Relax, I just have the motor"

He looked so dissappointed when he saw the MKIII.

lol

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Had a guy at my work ask if the Supra in the parking lot was mine the other day. Said he used to have an 88 na. He stood around and asked questions about the car for an hour while I was working on his Saab.

supraLou22

Apr 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Its a great feeling.....yea i drive a supra. when they ask what year it gets a little weird. Like me 1987. THen it like ohh after they realize its not the mkiv.Anyway people at autozone know shit about cars. I have hundreds of experiences to prove my theory.You know what that gave me an idea im gonna make it a topic

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
if i go ask a auto parts store for anything i usually get told dealer only. ive had random people comment on my car at petrol stations (where you guys buy gas) usually ohh dad tht looks fast etc

i do have this dude in a local night club who tells any girl within earshot thati own a toyota supra and how great they are though. its kinda amusing

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I dont have this problem.

I drive a Jeep Cherokee, they have been the same vehicle since like....1873. :sarcasm:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
MkIIIentropy;1016009 said:
It is kinda weird, but usually the questions stop when they find out its not the one from Fast and the Furious, lol.

haha so trueeeeee :3d_frown:, esp at highschool, which im in so I get that crap all the time lol

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
theWeezL;1018506 said:
I dont have this problem.

I drive a Jeep Cherokee, they have been the same vehicle since like....1873. :sarcasm:

Good to hear that that thing is still holding up.

I can't wait till I get my chance to tell these stories.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Trying owning a MKIV. That is one of the downfalls of owning one. All the retarded people staring and taking pictures while I'm driving and constantly coming up to me. It really sucks when I tell them it's N/A. But, I usually just say "it is....for now". Soon enough though.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Got Boost?;1018679 said:
Good to hear that that thing is still holding up.

I can't wait till I get my chance to tell these stories.

HA! you mean Stevens old Jeep? Man I crashed that thing and sold it already. Im driving a 4x4 4 door version now, which is up for sale so I can have enough for a mk2 I have my eye on ;)

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
I was sitting at a light at an intersection while some lady and her kids were crossing.
This little girl on her tiny bike makes way to the other side and I hear her tell her mom that when she grows up she's, "Going to get that red car over there. "

Then I saw a white, blue-striped 3rd gen+ Viper zoom by.

Yee.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
okay, I live in a small town (15,000 people), the biggest population around me is like 50K in Corvallis.. My car doesnt even need to be anywhere near me.. I get really strange, creepy or goofy looking people screaming "OH MY GOD! YOUR THE GIRL WITH THE SUPRAS AND THE ECLIPSE"... Its scary as hell sometimes.. Especially when you're going through your person rolladex in your head and you know you've never met that person before.. I'm an urban legend here.. I never drive my cars at night that often because I'm stalked for miles, people try to take pictures with their camera phone while driving, or they pull into the places I pull into...Its really creepy sometimes...Especially when you have to drive around for like 10-15 miles because you're afraid to go home and there is this car following you.. Thats my only gripe with having the Supra around here

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
savannahashlee;1018762 said:
okay, I live in a small town (15,000 people), the biggest population around me is like 50K in Corvallis.. My car doesnt even need to be anywhere near me.. I get really strange, creepy or goofy looking people screaming "OH MY GOD! YOUR THE GIRL WITH THE SUPRAS AND THE ECLIPSE"... Its scary as hell sometimes.. Especially when you're going through your person rolladex in your head and you know you've never met that person before.. I'm an urban legend here.. I never drive my cars at night that often because I'm stalked for miles, people try to take pictures with their camera phone while driving, or they pull into the places I pull into...Its really creepy sometimes...Especially when you have to drive around for like 10-15 miles because you're afraid to go home and there is this car following you.. Thats my only gripe with having the Supra around here
Buy a gun?:bigun2:

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
theWeezL;1018682 said:
HA! you mean Stevens old Jeep? Man I crashed that thing and sold it already. Im driving a 4x4 4 door version now, which is up for sale so I can have enough for a mk2 I have my eye on ;)

Yeah that one. i didn't know you wrecked it. lol.

I've had moments where I tell people that I'm building a Supra. They ask what year it is and I tell'em that it's a 1JZ '91 and all I get are crickets then they change the topic. *shrug*