Do you ever get tired of working?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i have to ask this but do you ever get tired of workign on your car and just never wantign to work on it any more

cause i am at this state and i don't know what to do i have no drive to do it any more for some reson

yes i work as mec as my daily job and race when i can

but whe i lok at my white car i just see jack stand jokey that suck my freaking money away

mabye it cua sie have not really drive fast car in like 1 1/4 years i think

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
NashMan said:
well i have to ask this but do you ever get tired of workign on your car and just never wantign to work on it any more

cause i am at this state and i don't know what to do i have no drive to do it any more for some reson

yes i work as mec as my daily job and race when i can

but whe i lok at my white car i just see jack stand jokey that suck my freaking money away

mabye it cua sie have not really drive fast car in like 1 1/4 years i think

Ryan, we've been over this man.
You need to get a ride in a FAST car to get the motivation back...hop on the ferry to vancouver and get duane to give you a boot or something

Oh and fuck. You have WARM WEATHER. That should be year-round motivation. It SNOWED here today.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
mc_h said:
Ryan, we've been over this man.
You need to get a ride in a FAST car to get the motivation back...hop on the ferry to vancouver and get duane to give you a boot or something

Oh and fuck. You have WARM WEATHER. That should be year-round motivation. It SNOWED here today.

Yeah I was bussing around etobicoke in that snow, it wasn't cool at all! Not in October damn it!
eric

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i am that way a bit myself right now. i am sick of jumping through hoops to try and make some grumpy old mechanic happy to get paperwork to legalise my car. I went to a different shop for another inspection, and things are looking up.

i also have to say thanks to jeff lange for stopping by to say hi and save me the hugest headache!

thanks jeff!

97TSiAWD

In need of more traction
Jul 18, 2006
Michigan
There are times when I do get tired of continuously having work left on the car. If I can help it, I try to do my upgrades in small steps so I don't have to have a lot of downtime; that is, I don't do a whole bunch of mods at the same time if I can help it.

I like to know the car is driveable, even if I don't actually drive it on a daily basis.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
i feel ya on just being fed up sometimes. i try to make sure my supra is virtually never down but i dont want to even get into the bullshit i go through with my ae86's, dont worry brotha its not just you, but i guarentee to keep with it and end results will always make you smile

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Whenever I no longer feel like working on it I save up money and pay someone else to do whatever it is I want done. After which I get to enjoy it again and it brings back the nice sense of enthusiasm I find.

:)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
My car was on jackstands for a couple of weeks as I was dreading swapping out the broken Torsen diff. Did it yesterday in record time and was boosting hard in beautiful weather today. SOOO worth it! Just get it done, and drive it for a while. I don't want to be building my car forever. I want to enjoy it and drive it.

89pearlwhite

Aug 13, 2006
Houston, TX
NashMan I feel you bro. I've been on the same situation before. What I would recommend is to take a break from fixing it. Indulge yourself into something you like to do. When you feel better and in a better mood start tweaking on it again. Don't ever give up! If something breaks that is another good excuse to upgrade that broken part and make it a whole lot better than before. For me, I just don't like the idea of quitting after all that I've invested and done. Just my 2 cents.
P.S. I do agree with you that the MK3 is a money pit waiting to suck your money dry!:rant2:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Nash...........I know the feeling. I get tired of laying on my back on asphalt. Lately I have paid to have a tranny swapped/clutch install. And I will be paying somebody to swap a motor mount soon. I'm just too old for under car projects. I can do them, but would rather pay sometimes. BUT.........nobody touches my car without me watching the entire time.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Well being that I am a mechanic I get very tired of just looking at engines, suspensions or anything having to do with cars. I usually have to drag myself just to change my oil. But I still force myself to work on my car when it needs working on because I love that feeling of fixing something on my car that needs to be fixed or replaced with a superior aftermarket part.

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
I'm in the same boat. I'm getting tired of this crap. I have just undergone 5 months of mods and getting everything working right and I'm awaiting my turbo and yet another cps right now. I'm starting to get bummed out about it. I think I'll fall back in love after I throw the new turbo/cps on and start tuning it.

I don't know til then.....scew you, you stupid money pit that never leaves my freaking driveway.

:)
~Dan

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
welll i was just woundering how peoepl cna make these builds and just nto ware down on them

i think this week end i will do some thign but i don't kwo what but some thgin

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
NashMan said:
welll i was just woundering how peoepl cna make these builds and just nto ware down on them

i think this week end i will do some thign but i don't kwo what but some thgin

Well. Here's what you do. DONT drink 50 of those home-brew beers per night...Instead, cut down to 10 and actually stay sober enough to work on the car :biglaugh: