Do these nbrs make sense for an upgraded CT26?

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Not sure if it's worth buying.

Compressor .50 A/R
Turbine .63 A/R

Compressor Wheel
60 Trim Compressor Wheel
Exducer: 84mm
Mayor: 66.6mm

Turbine Wheel
Exducer: 74.6mm
Mayor: 64.6mm

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Thank you.
Is that because the numbers don't match what a CT26 can be upgraded to?
Or perhaps because it won't provide satisfactory performance for an adult daily driven Supra - meaning I don't necessarily drive at WOT?

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
No part of that turbo is from a ct 26. It has been designed to fit to MKIII parts, but it's definitely not Toyota in any way. As an ebay veteran, I have experience buying from many sellers. His rep looks good, and checking his details, the products he sells, seem to satisfy his buyers. If I had the money for the turbo, and the necessary upgrades, I might be inclined to buy that turbo, but then, I've had pretty good luck on ebay.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Also, after re-examining the photos, it seems there might be issues with the oil connector, and I'm not even sure it has water cooling. Maybe I wouldn't get it after all.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
I decided against; found a nice guy locally who's switching to a 1J and let my have his working CT for a really good price.

Thank you everybody.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
rayall01;1349297 said:
Also, after re-examining the photos, it seems there might be issues with the oil connector, and I'm not even sure it has water cooling. Maybe I wouldn't get it after all.

i was interested in that turbo too until i looked at the oil hook up dosent look like a direct replacement. lookin at the one from www.rabidchimp.com now

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
That turbo looks to be a bolt on T4 setup (similar to the bolt on SP and JT series turbos) - that said, it is obviously clocked incorrectly ;) (Easily fixed)