DIY Head gasket job possible?

marks332

Mar 12, 2012
Yorktown, VA
I'll look into that, problem is I spent a good 1/2 day trying to find the other ends to those two. They are no where to be found...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The vsv is under the lower intake manifold, You'll prolly need a mirror to see where it is.
Plug it in.
As for the other- it may be the abs sensor on the transmission, as mentioned. You'll find the other end near the top driver's side of the bellhousing.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
supraguy@aol;1839968 said:
- it may be the abs sensor on the transmission, as mentioned. You'll find the other end near the top driver's side of the bellhousing.

Or you could have to dig it out from between the trans and the body... Mine was buried up there when I first got the car. Thought plugging it in would fix the ABS light, but it didn't. Oh well. G/L on your wire search.

marks332

Mar 12, 2012
Yorktown, VA
YEEESSS. I dont have ABS so scratch the white one. A little head standing and a mirror and I found the VSV. Solved my no heat problem too. So relieved!! A bit a valve tic still to resolve and the head gasket project will be done. Then on to paint, transmission, wheels, hmmmm??

marks332

Mar 12, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Resampled_2012-05-20_12-11-31_327[1].jpg

Ok I thought it solved the no heat issue but i was wrong. I can manually move the vacuum control lever on the engine compartment wall on the exhaust side for heat. but it doesnt move on it own when I request interior heat. Is there a vacuum line I have crossed up somewhere?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Probably a bad VSV. Mine failed some years back. There is a Mercedes Benz part that works great. Took a quick look, but I can't find the part number. You can just bypass the VSV and run the line direct to the fitting. That's what I did when I needed heat, but then it doesn't turn off.