Divorced Downpipe vs Bellmouth/Widemouth

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
A few mates and I have discussed this numerous times. Basically what's better for the CT26. Are there any proven results that one is better than the other, and if so would the difference be noticeable?

I myself don't really care, I run a recirculating ddp but just for argument sake I wanna know what you guys reckon.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Bic made something like 32hp gain from a full dp to a open ddp. Same car same dyno same day iirc.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
BIC appeared to have proven that a seperated dp is better than a widemouth, because it reduced exhaust turbulence by reintroducing the wastegate gas downstream, rather than having the wastegate and turbine outlet gasses mix directly after the turbo.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I run my style one I love it better then bic or the mega mouth and does not creep or have boost control issue like the reg bic does

can be vented or none and does not leak hardly at all if vented and does not creep as well

p1878750_1.jpg

p1878750_2.jpg

p1878750_3.jpg

p1878750_4.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Divorced creates much more surface area and distance which could allow the gases to cool more before being combined into the 3" piping.

I can't see how a basic wide mouth would keep up with a real divorced pipe. Not to mention, Yota used a real divorced on their group A car as well, I believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
al lewis;1879191 said:
Any one knows where can i get a divorced down pipe under 4 weeks other than from randy at BIC

Justspeed on eBay? yes i'm ready to be flamed, but actually heard there quality was quite good.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I have yet to see an eBay exhaust that doesn't have fitment issues :( I've seen a few (VERY FEW!) with decent welds and materials, but they never seem to get a good fitment.

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Nah i'm not trusting those ebay downpipes, they don't even have the divider plate i just emailed Raptor Racing i'm awaiting their response since its not listed on their site.

90white

Jun 10, 2012
California
Hi all, this is my first post here. A very good friend of mine bought the justspeed divorced downpipe for me for Christmas this year. I want to have the tab welded on that is on the BIC downpipe or a piece of tubing instead. Would love to know your opinions on which is better and more inportantly, does anyone know the exact dimensions of the tab or do I need to remove the turbo and take it to the welder in order to be accurate?
Also, should i just use a dremel to modify the gasket after the tab is welded on or should i find another solution? Thanks for your help.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
DO NOT BUY EBAY DDP. I bought one and it was absolute fail. Didn't even fit evenly to the backside of the turbo. On top of that it hit my firewall obviously it wasn't for a mk3. I even banged the shit out my firewall it finally cleared but still didn't fit flush with the back if the turbo. The surface on the ddp flange wasn't level.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/view...0481531634&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=53310662653

^^^^^^DONT BUY

IMO just spend the extra $100 or so for quality. Trust me I learned the hard way.

Now my gf has the DM full 3in it's alright I'd still rather have a bic ddp or some other custom ddp.

Last edited:

57trimMKIII

Texas Supras' Slowest
Jul 14, 2010
DFW, TX
Poodles;1879259 said:
RaptorRacing might have some in stock. Think driftmotion has them too.
suprarx7nut;1879382 said:
George at raptor racing is awesome. Been rocking his mack daddy downpipe for a year now. Loving it.

p1900688_1.jpg

The Raptor Racing DDP looks great! :bigthumb:

Does anyone know if they sell a MKIII specific version?

Seems like they're know for MKII parts, and their website isn't very helpful.