disconnecting mafptro head unit

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
I wanted to disconnect the maftpro head unit when I park my supra in areas that are high in car break-ins and thefts. Could I do this without losing my settings. I don't want to disconnect the three harnesses and then find out my car can't run because I have to re configure everything.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
You may unplug it for as long as you wish... the memory is non-volatile.

Hehe, nice to see I'm not the only person who looks at the MAFT Pro as yet another layer of anti-theft protection.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
bigaaron said:
You could just wire a hidden switch inline with the afm output wire and do the same thing as disconnecting it, without wearing out the connector in the maft pro. :dunno:
Good idea but I rather the unit be with me cause to an uneducated thief the maftpro looks like some stereo component but that's my opinion:)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
^ thats what i was thinking too, open glove box, oooh that looks expensive yoink!!,

and your fuked.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yup, a switch would work... but there's still the possibility someone industrious enough or worse yet someone you know will find it.

Wearing out the recepticle isn't terribly likely, but, if I did have one weaken to that point I'd just replace the specific recepticle (I'm referring to mating contact to a specific pin, not the whole plug) which had loosened. It's cake.

Besides, car thefts aren't nearly as common as stereos and add-ons (ie, piggy backs, boost controllers, turbo timers).

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
turbobob said:
anti theft.....? how about a throttle punch sequence before cranking, or the unit will not allow MAF signal.......?

B

I like it. Count me in!

I usually don't take my MAFT Pro out of the car unless it's going to be parked for more than a couple hours.

EDIT: Anyway to make it a learned code? (I know it's possible, just not if you're willing) ;) .

EDIT 2: Oh, better yet... set it up so that the new code has to be set via the serial port. Make it a little trickier for someone to reset.