Disconnected Electrical Connectors

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
Hi, i got a 90 GTE manual a few months back and took the head off to change the gasket and fix a burnt valve. I was extremely busy with school and work so it took a while. Everything is back on now, but there are these connectors that dont seem to connect to anywhere. Does anyone know where they go? I know some were disconnected when i got it, but i dont know if theyre supposed to be like that. Im new to supras, trying to learn.

These first ones are by the strut tower, one on each side. They both have the same color wires, 4 pin.

Attachments

• photo2..jpg
    photo2..jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 20
  • photo7..jpg
    photo7..jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 17
  • photo3..jpg
    photo3..jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 18
  • photo5..jpg
    photo5..jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 18

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
This next one is strapped to the wires connected to the igniter.

photo..jpgphoto4..jpg

There are 2 located under the intake, just under the air meter area.

photo6..jpgphoto9..jpg

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
This last one comes out of the wire harness near the end of the fuel rail at the back. It looks like it was repaired, and i have no clue what it would hook up to. Its not strapped down to anything (i just set it there to take a picture of the connector) its really long and loose.

Attachments

• photo11..jpg
    photo11..jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 12
  • photo10..jpg
    photo10..jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 11

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
And there are 2 things i forgot to take a picture of. One is a 1 pin connector, like the one that connects to the thermostat housing on the left side. There is another one in the same area.

The other is a hose hook up on the bottom of the intake, just after the air flow meter.

Any help would be appreciated!

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I would have to see pictures to be sure but the ones by the thermostat housing typically go to the thermostat housing. Although one of them could be the oil pressure sensor which is also a one wire connector. The hose on the bottom of the intake just after the air flow meter (this pipe is called the accordian hose) goes to the power steering pump, there is a valve with another hose coming off of it. It is there to turn your idle up when you turn the steering wheel extreme left or right, essentially a bypass of the throttlebody triggered by the power steering pump. The last pictures that you took with the red and yellow wires that are really long go to your back up sensor on the transmission. The rest I would have to go searching for, I dont know them off the top of my head, and I dont have time to search right now. Hopefully someone else knows them and can chime in to help you out some.

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
Thanks for the help.

Im sure one of them goes on the thermostat housing, but there is another on in the same area, around the power steering that i dont know what it goes to. Ill check the oil pressure.

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
OK, i looked at the oil pressure sending unit and it is already connected. So now the oil pressure and thermostat are both connected, and there is an extra single pin square gray connector, just like those other 2, that doesnt seem to go anywhere. It comes out of the harness right behind the thermostat/under the PS res. Its hard to tell the colors on it, but i know the thermostat one is yellow, green trim and the oil pressure is yellow, black trim, and its neither of those.

And i found the hose coming out the back of the power steering, thanks!

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
The connector next to the igniter is for the headlight washer relay. Toyota generally develops one wire harness will all possible connectors for a given vehicle model, but if a new car buyer doesn't order a particular option the electrical connector(s) for that option are simply unused.

mad0314

Apr 27, 2010
Notown
Ok thanks, thats what i figured that it was a missing option since there are 2 of the same connector on each side.

The car runs fine with everything connected the way it is right now, so im guessing all the things that are still disconnected are things i dont have. I just need to replace the water temp sensor thats breaking and the o2 sensor to be completely done with it (for now). Thanks for all your help.