Direction Needed

teebone

Mar 28, 2008
Corvallis Oregon
I have a freshly rebuilt 7mgte motor with JE pistions, HKS stopper HG, ARP head studs, APR rod bolts, new LIPP Boss jr turbo, spearco intercooler, turbo smart 50mm bov, RC 550's, maft pro, and Weapon R cold intake. The issue I am having is the Dip stick keeps popping up. When I open the oil fill cap there are no noticable gasses blowing out but I must be pressurizing the block somehow. If someone could shed some light on this it would truely be appreciated! Thanks

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
After I installed my new turbo, and had to bend the dip stick tube into a new position, I noticed that mine started popping up as well. The rubber seal at the top of it is not fitting snugly, and I can pull it up with a very light tug. I was going to try a new dipstick, but in the meantime, I just rotated mine 180 degreess and it fits more tightly and stays in place. Blowby gasses at boost are what pressurize the crankcase.

teebone

Mar 28, 2008
Corvallis Oregon
tekdeus;1347026 said:
After I installed my new turbo, and had to bend the dip stick tube into a new position, I noticed that mine started popping up as well. The rubber seal at the top of it is not fitting snugly, and I can pull it up with a very light tug. I was going to try a new dipstick, but in the meantime, I just rotated mine 180 degreess and it fits more tightly and stays in place. Blowby gasses at boost are what pressurize the crankcase.

Is it normal for new rings and new pistons on a new bore to have blow by under moderate boost (12 psi)?

Last edited:

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
How many miles have you done on the new build. If its fairly new you will have to wait until the rings bed in properly.

Goolgle TSRM and go through the 7m manual and see if you can trouble shoot your crank case ventilation system.

teebone

Mar 28, 2008
Corvallis Oregon
Neal;1347396 said:
How many miles have you done on the new build. If its fairly new you will have to wait until the rings bed in properly.

Goolgle TSRM and go through the 7m manual and see if you can trouble shoot your crank case ventilation system.

About 100 miles but I thought the rings seat after 15-20 min.