digital photographt (non photoshopped)

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
i was just wondering if people here shared the same interest in me with photography.. im really interested in bare photography and NO editing.. I took this picture on Mt. St. Helena near Middletown California a few days ago.. so share some of yours! Its a good backround pic and looks very nice on LCD's

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8250/0000016mt9.jpg

I linked it, due to massive size

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
That is a very good picture. Good enough that it just became my desktop background.

I share the same interest when it comes to pictures like that. I'm not a big fan of photoshopping anything. I try to get a good enough picture so I don't have to photoshop it.

I just bought a Nikon D40 for Christmas and it takes some pretty sweet pictures without having to touch them. I have a 2gb memory stick. So, I just take a bunch of pictures and pick the one that I want.

P.S. who's the girl in your avatar?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GrimJack;878379 said:
Well, I've got thousands of pictures, and a few that I consider good. This one got me on the official Norco website, it's a buddy of mine riding down a cliff on his mountain bike:

http://idriders.com/ridepix/Rides/03-09-28-Squamish/img_1117.jpg

Here's a landscape shot from the same day, same location:

http://idriders.com/ridepix/Rides/03-09-28-Squamish/img_1079.jpg

Well, depends, photoshoped images made from photoshop I think are cool as hell, but a real image that is photoshoped to make it better, well that just kills photography.
I like both.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Very Nice Pic Nomad! I kept scrolling up/down,side/side searching for either your Supra or a naked shot of the girl in your sig.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The pics Grim posted were also nice. I like the way the downed tree in the background seemed to project the trajectory (sp?) of the biker.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Don't get me wrong, some photoshopped pics are awesome. But, when you take the picture with your own camera and it come out like that, that's what I like.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Nice, I just bought a D40 my self and going to be playing around with it.

Damn this thing has a lot more to it then I thought.. been playing with it for the past week or so on and off and so much crap to learn how to use. Cant wait to start shooting some good stuff (track, photoshoots with my buddies, random things, vacation, sema, etc)

only thing i've really taken pics of are a couple fs items, lol

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I love the D40. Some of the pictures that I've taken so far just on the AUTO setting were awesome. I've tried a couple of different things with the shutter speed when I was on a train. I just haven't had much time to toy with it. When I get home, I'll post some pics that I've taken with it so far.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
I have a D50 and have loved it... except for it's low light sensitivity.. which kinda blows. I'm picking up a D200 this weekend to rectify that. Here's some of my favorite shots (most have some sort of touchup.. generally just color correction, but nothing is added in/removed, "photoshoped"):

Dripping_Trident_by_SpeedDodici.jpg
Wet_Gallardo_by_SpeedDodici.jpg

Rocky_Steps_II_by_SpeedDodici.jpg
No_Ma_I_swear__its_not_fast_by_SpeedDodici.jpg

I don't want to clutter up the thread too much, I have a bunch more on my devart page:
http://speeddodici.deviantart.com/

edit: here's my image dump with hi res shots. I haven't updated it recentl with the touched up photos, but theres a much greater collection of photos there than on DA. Let me know if there's any ya like and i'll send ya full res!
http://tim.thedugans.net/gallery/main.php

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I also have a nikon d40 and its take real good pics, I'm still trying to get used to all the fetures and settings, let me try and dig up some pics that I have taken with it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i didn't want an awesome digicam to use for photography. i have an oldschool cannon A1 for that. i needed something that's durable, waterproof, shockproof, etc...

and here it is: olympus stylus 770sw. shockproof to 5ft (i already dropped it down the stairs, no problems!) and waterproof to 33ft. :) takes nice pics, and doesn't mind getting dirty. here's a random pic i took with it, and no, that's not me!

p878624_1.jpg

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
shot a few when i got home.. trying to get a new sig shot.. lmk what you think

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p878671_1.jpg

p878671_2.jpg

p878671_3.jpg

p878671_4.jpg

p878671_5.jpg

p878671_6.jpg

which you think i should hack up and make my sig...

I had to use manual focus and adjust the shutter speed to get the lighting i wanted.. came out ok i think.. Any slower and it would be blurry as poop.. I need a tripod!
edit: i really liek the tail light pic with more on focus of the car, its in the sig.. lmk if you think different

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here are a couple pictures taken with my D40 that are completely unaltered, just resized. All were taken on AUTO. I haven't taken any nature pics yet.

p878780_1.jpg

p878780_2.jpg

p878780_3.jpg

p878780_4.jpg

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
wow yours has a really shallow focus depth on auto.. mine seemed like everything was in focus.. or maybe it was just the user, lol.. look good, I'm using the 18-55 lens that came with the kit.. also got the 55-200 nikkor lense, cause was nearly free and will be nice at the track and stuff (100 rebate if bought 2 lense kit before dec 31st). Havn't used that one yet though.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Speed: It's the Nikon one that came with it.

Tissimo: It's just the way that they came out. I've taken plenty of other pictures where everything is in focus. I think that I got the same starter kit as you did. I got it from Ritz and it was $650 for the camera/18-55 lense, 55-200 lense, case, and dvd's right?

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here is one where I was messing with the shutter speed when I was on a train. Also, a night shot in NYC. Again, unaltered....I'll stop posting pictures now. The ones I've posted are just my favorites so far with my new camera.

p878833_1.jpg

p878833_2.jpg